Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011
    Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Slaz I really think Tinkerbell is the right guy to do a writeup he was the first to do a B20 in Aus and his engines have proved that you can build a simple engine that will serve you for many years.

Member Array
    Car:
    jdm b16a civic
    Quote Originally Posted by fatboyz39 View Post
    Slaz I really think Tinkerbell is the right guy to do a writeup he was the first to do a B20 in Aus and his engines have proved that you can build a simple engine that will serve you for many years.
    wheres your mechanics licience?

Member Array
    Car:
    delsol crx
    he doesnt have one but he's got an e-mechanics license lol.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Squared
    I'll be honest with you guys, you don't need to be a mechanic to know what you're doing when it comes to this side of work. It helps depending on who you are though.

Member Array
    Car:
    jdm b16a civic
    Quote Originally Posted by Chr1s View Post
    I'll be honest with you guys, you don't need to be a mechanic to know what you're doing when it comes to this side of work. It helps depending on who you are though.
    yea thats true to a degree, google dosent have all the info you need to build a motor thats why they have course you can do at tafe and shit.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK
    Quote Originally Posted by fatboyz39 View Post

Dave would be a good guy to do a write up on B20's if he could be bothered, maybe the forum or all motor section should have people or moderators involved that could contribute such sticky's that is reliable information for newb's to follow.

As Chris points out also, it isnt rocket science, but beyond alot of people wihtout putting the time into a coarse or trade, but some of the finer points of engine building, cam tuning, degreeing, head porting, part selection are, ive only a met few that have a complete and sound understanding of this and most get by with trial and error, more often then not at other people's expense.

Research, research, research.

Member Array
    Car:
    delsol crx
    there is a big difference between some people who research things on google and tell other people on forums what to do just from other peoples experiences then if someone else that is in the mechanical trade and learn about the stuff everyday. there are alot of people on this forum that say do things this way and select this part but they actually dont know the reason for the way they did it or the part they selected and thats what seperates the E-MECHANICS to the actual real mechanics. alot of people just state the obvious that any other tom dick or harry would know.
    Last edited by delsol9000rpms; 23-08-2009 at 09:11 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Squared
    Quote Originally Posted by delsol9000rpms View Post
    there is a big difference between some people who research things on google and tell other people on forums what to do just from other peoples experiences then if someone else that is in the mechanical trade and learn about the stuff everyday. there are alot of people on this forum that say do things this way and select this part but they actually dont know the reason for the way they did it or the part they selected and thats what seperates the E-MECHANICS to the actual real mechanics. alot of people just state the obvious that any other tom dick or harry would know.
    How do you know who is an e-mechanic and who isn't?

If a random person signed up on this board and posted some very good information about B series engines, would you laugh at him and call him an e-mechanic because you don't know any different if his not from a workshop called so and so?

Some of the BEST engine builders in Australia (motorsport industry) are not mechanics.

edit: enough talking about whos a better engine builder or not, get back on topic with some great B series discussion.
    Last edited by Chr1s; 23-08-2009 at 09:48 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    i dunoo theres some ppl on here that get off on putting other pplz builds down. lol.
    i guess i knoe why other forums talk bout ozhonda.........