Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    2005 VBP DC5 TypeS
    i'm not sure about the accord because i've never been in one with modified suspension, but i think having a stiff chassis plus stiffer suspension makes the car feel bumpier too...just from my own observations.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5 02
    the accord has a real smooth ride with either stock or most aftermarkets, it's a different story for the DC5 series.

Tofu what mods did ya end up doing to ur old DC5 base n how did it turn out?
    Foe tha love of ...$$ MONEY $$

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 VBP DC5 TypeS
    for my base auto, i had mugen sport suspension, whiteline 22mm rear sway bar, spoon rear lower tie bar, spoon strut bar front/rear, oem TypeS 26.5mm front sway bar, vision rear camber kit. Using stock 16" wheels with Toyo T1R tyres. OEM TypeR header + cat, fujitsubo powergetter catback, injen cai and a few bits and pieces like endless brake pads and fluids.

With these mods, it held quite well against a stock TypeR around the twisties, but coming out of the corners i can't keep up.
    Last edited by Tofu; 24-08-2009 at 11:19 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra 02 Type S
    Quote Originally Posted by Tofu View Post
    for my base auto, i had mugen sport suspension, whiteline 22mm rear sway bar, spoon rear lower tie bar, spoon strut bar front/rear, oem TypeS 26.5mm front sway bar, vision rear camber kit. Using stock 16" wheels with Toyo T1R tyres. OEM TypeR header + cat, fujitsubo powergetter catback, injen cai and a few bits and pieces like endless brake pads and fluids.

With these mods, it held quite well against a stock TypeR around the twisties, but coming out of the corners i can't keep up.
    hey tofu, i managed to grab a used buddy club n+ damer coilovers for 1100 used.
    hopefully i can feel some sort of differences.

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 VBP DC5 TypeS
    good choice! post pics when they are installed!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra 02 Type S
    Quote Originally Posted by Tofu View Post
    good choice! post pics when they are installed!
    do you think 1100 for a used buddy club coilover (roughly a year) is alright? Btw i got myself an 18inch rim with continental contactsports 2 tyres.

Hopefully everything turns out well.

Oh i nearly forgot. i also got a type s race header. Do you think its stupid to use it with stock exhaust. I don't really want a loud noise and if the performance isnt sufficient i wouldn't mind sticking to stock exhaust.

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 VBP DC5 TypeS
    after fitting on the TypeS race header your stock base model catback will not fit.

The base model's catback is shorter i think from memory, so you will need to get an extra bit welded onto your stock exhaust to fit the TypeS header.

OR, if you're getting a new cat with the TypeS header, just make the pipe from the cat longer, but the size of the piping on the stock base catback is quite restrictive, so this defeats the purpose of installing a "race header"

OR (i would prefer this option) buy second hand stock TypeS or TypeR catback