Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 Civic

filling trq mounts - sikaflex or window weld

My bottom 2 torque mounts are rooted. I was going to go with just ES inserts, but now have to do elcheapo.

Been reading the very few posts on here regarding filling the mounts. I can borrow the oldes car so i can let the sika properly set. But only for 2 1/2 days.

I have noticed the past few months its really sluggish off the line, wheel hop-o-rama aswell. I know there are also different grades of sikaflex you can get. My wife also drives the car, as much as id love to make the mounts as solid as possible, i cant just 'think about myself'. Im not sure how many grades of sika there are, or which to use. Any info or feedback regarding this would be greatly appreciated...

Member Array
    Car:
    green whip!
    just doing the torque mounts aren't too bad
    get some sikaflex 252 and fill it up
    2 and a half days might be enough so you can install it again and get it going

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 DC2R
    dont think ur just meant to fill it right up. u have to do it in little bits at a time or it wont cure properly in the middle

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 Civic
    Also like to know if anyone has used 3m window weld in there torque or even motor mounts...

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    As Vinny said, just get some sikaflex 252. Its proven to work and under $20. If you're really cheap you can get some no name urethane $10 which should do the same job.

Not too sure about window sealants?

Member Array
    Car:
    ( . )_( . )
    get some polyurethane 2 part mix from a bushing/castor factory, what i did to mine and came out a million times better than the sikaflex method. sorry i lost contacts for the mix where i got it from (was in hoppers crossing/laverton/werribee) but google and u should find somewhere.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    Just did mine not two weeks ago

sikaflex 252

Ferfact

Maybe a bit hard sikaflex though for my boost apps lol

$32 bucks a tube...
    Last edited by Lukezen27; 12-08-2009 at 11:55 AM.
    161.4KW ATW Tuned By TODA
    EG5 JDM B16A SiR-II TURBO

13.28@106.6mph 2.117 60ft On RE001

Member Array
    Car:
    green whip!
    problem with those 2-part urethane mixes is that they're usually fairly high rating(hard, flexane stuff is usually rated about 87-93a)
    found sikaflex much softer and you can deflect it with your finger while 2-part mixes seem pretty much solid

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 Civic
    sikaflex 252 it is then fella's!!

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic 97
    oh yeah .... thats what i am using in the integra :P
    WOULD YOU LIKE SOME FRONT BAR WITH YOUR FRONT MOUNT

Member Array
    Car:
    ( . )_( . )
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnY View Post
    problem with those 2-part urethane mixes is that they're usually fairly high rating(hard, flexane stuff is usually rated about 87-93a)
    found sikaflex much softer and you can deflect it with your finger while 2-part mixes seem pretty much solid

Rubbish! tell them to get you it in a lower hardness, i think my mix was not more than 65A!