Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ACCOR EURO LUXURY

Prelude rust repair

would appreciate recommendations of a good suitable repairer for: 92 prelude front & rear windscreen - rust under the gaskets - in brisbane. Is gasket set with glue or is it vulcanised?

Member Array
    Car:
    GT-R N1 & EVO7
    Firstly, check to see if your windscreen is insured for breakage because it'll have to be pulled out. Many companies will insure you for 1 windscreen/yr. But beware of any fine print about this too.

Next, talk to your mechanic to see if he's got the materials to cut out the rust and repaint with some of your spare paint (or get some from Honda). Then book your car in at this local trusty mechanic/technician, who will organise for the local windscreen repairer to come with his suction caps to pull out the windscreen.

Sometimes, the windscreen will crack as it's pulled out as mine did. My insurance company covered me for this. The rubber gasket/moulding will probably be replaced because it was this that warped enough for the water to get underneath. I had to pay for that though.

All up, it was $138 incl moulding, nicki, labour and paint.