Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

turbo eg hatch vti?

im thinking about turbo-ing my d16y. however i cant find any good turbokits for it at all and ebay sell ****n hopeless cheap china shit, another friend said its not a good idea cause the d16 engine might blow up rofl. any advice guys? blehhhhhh might just have to do conversion

Member Array
    Car:
    ( . )_( . )
    buy my car and my kit hehe or transfer it to ur hatch

otherwise look at greddy or avo kits not much else unless u go custom

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Unless you modify the engine internals to handle a tough turbo setup then you'll have to keep it the PSI low, maybe 5-8 PSI. Would be a nice little boost but won't wreak havoc.
    I have the EH Civic VTi (sedan model) with the same engine and to be honest I'd rather keep it N/A with maybe some bolt-on mods or a nice tune.

Otherwise, HERE is the link to an ad I found on FireSport lately. This guy is selling a Greddy Turbo setup out of an EG Civic VTi for the D16Y1. It's done 25, 000 KMs and he wants $1, 000. He's on the Sunshine Coast.

You could either look into buying the setup from him or maybe just try calling him to see if he can give you any advice.

Good luck!
    Andy.

thanks andy. yeah ive tried to contact him however his not picking up his phone or replying to my messages bummer. i g reddy turbokit would be sick and i dont mind keeping it at 5 psi. as long as i get some powerrrrrr and su tu tu tu tu lmfao.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    I SMS'd him earlier for you. It's still for sale and I told him that I'd put you onto his ad, so keep trying and you'll get onto him sooner or later.

He said he was running 8 psi and made 100kw atw. I'm not sure what we make atw standard but I reckon that's a good effort.

What do we make atw stock? like 75-80kw?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic 97
    hey mate i have a full custom kit i am selling from my car if your interested full bolt on PM me or call me if your keen 0408491953

i have everything for the D for the turbo setup cheers
    WOULD YOU LIKE SOME FRONT BAR WITH YOUR FRONT MOUNT

lmao im not sure but complete stock civic vti is 99 kw. if the turbo will make it 100 atw how many kw is it then? as in normal?

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    The stock D16Y1 makes 96KW @ 6600 RPM and 145NM @ 5200 RPM. At least that's what the redbook and other sources say.

Take a look at this thread here. One of the blokes claims that his D16Y1 made 66KW stock, but after the car has been driven for ten years you would assume that you'd lose some degree of power. But from what he says you could assume it's about 65-70KW atw in a stock engine I think.

This bloke with the turbo setup said he made 100KW on 8psi with some good tuning. He also said he had done his basic I/H/E but had not lightened the flywheel so he would have lost considerably more power between the fly and the wheels than he could have. Otherwise he hadn't modified any of the engine internals so he could have spanked up the psi more.

So you would think that with bolt-ons, some engine internals, flywheel work and a well tuned turbo you could make 110KW atw easily...

Moderator - here to help Array
    lightening the flywheel doesnt give you more power, it just allows your engine to rev more freely.
    Want to improve OH's website? Make a thread in the site discussion forum.

Know of a nice ride and think it should be featured? Send me a PM.

Hand out PQ points where deserved. Info HERE.

Provide feedback when buying/selling from OH members. Info HERE.

Subscribe to OH and benefit. Info HERE.

OzHonda Terms and Conditions HERE.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ

Search People

Guys

Read my thread and learn!! I've been through it all including blowing my D16Y1 as many others have...
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79182

Weq setup from back in the day and where I learned a lot of necessary info needed before attempting anything
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ht=D16Y1+turbo

Feel free to ask me any questions

Should shoot lookingforboost (Ryan) a PM and see what he's got, might save yourself the hassle of Over Seas shipping
    Last edited by Lukezen27; 15-08-2009 at 07:41 AM.
    161.4KW ATW Tuned By TODA
    EG5 JDM B16A SiR-II TURBO

13.28@106.6mph 2.117 60ft On RE001

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    There ya have it. 97.5KW on a hot day with flat tyres and on 5psi. So with better weather, more air in the tyres and 8psi you could surely make 110KW+ atw

Member Array
    Car:
    its a bike!
    the d16y1 is tough for wat it is, with certain mods itll take a turbo go on honda tech u'll get more serious answers , also talk to vtc-boy he had a turbo'd eg ... or Lyle as his ride is turbo'd also... good luck
    its the ice cream man !