Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '02 DC5

broken lug bolt! help!

hey guys

i just broke a lug bolt the other day. and i've had a read of other threads where people have had the same problem. and i've decided to get to done by a mechanic mainly because i lack the tools to do it myself properly.

so the question goes out to anyone who has had a lug bolt replaced by a mechanic or anybody who's just knowledgeable

how much am i looking at to get this fixed up? and if anybody would like to recommend a place in the northern suburbs where i can get this done that'd be awesome too!

thanks

50-80bucks was what i paid about 2 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by spilt_milk View Post
    hey guys

i just broke a lug bolt the other day. and i've had a read of other threads where people have had the same problem. and i've decided to get to done by a mechanic mainly because i lack the tools to do it myself properly.

so the question goes out to anyone who has had a lug bolt replaced by a mechanic or anybody who's just knowledgeable

how much am i looking at to get this fixed up? and if anybody would like to recommend a place in the northern suburbs where i can get this done that'd be awesome too!

thanks

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    You mean the Stud aye? And is it a clean break or what? Stripped thread?
    Deano.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    It's easy if the stud broke off. Just need to remove the brake rotor and they will hammer it out and put a new one in. At least it is not stripped with the nut stuck on the stud.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Si Hatchie
    is it one of those ones that has the hex centre? mine a long time ago split so i bashed over the top of it a socket, use a extension and bash the extension as it will crush the drive square socket hole so the ratchet wont fit anymore. get a socket the just almost fits over it then smash it the rest of the way. i had a thread somewhere on here about it
    Is this the end of my car modding days? Buying a house says so...