Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Subaru Tai-berty
    yellows2k how can i bypass this resistor bra
    mine rnt bright at all

In my research, I came across numerous posts on Honda-tech and various USA civic forums, most were dated 2005 and earlier, with no responses or solutions after that, one post mentioned that he was an electrician or a hobbyist and he was going to pull apart a dash to locate the resistor, he never made a follow up post.
    It all sounded too hard and I know buggerall about circuitry, best I can do is change a light bulb. So I let it go, u should too, sometimes in life, u gonna get shafted, this is one of them times

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CIVIC EG HATCH 1993
    so i can buy t5 red led bulbs from jay car and it will fit on the light sockets of eg?? (speedo,rpm,fuel etc?)

so leds wont be brighter then putting caps on the bulbs or painting the bulbs?
    -never underestimate the power of dual carb

Buy as many as u like, there r more than 5 sockets
    I'm referring to the eg6 cluster being restrictive. I cannot comment on other eg clusters being dim

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CIVIC EG HATCH 1993
    the bulbs are called t5 or t:S
    if t5, are there variety in sizes or is it fixed size:S

It is t5. That's the wedge base socket. The top part, or "light" bulb area is wat changes. Some r a panel of LEDs, some just have the 1 led, some have 3 led in all sorts of configurations. The STD t5 tho that isn't an led will just be a normal filament bulb on top of the wedge, again sizes vary a little in terms of the filament but t5 is the size that fits dashes, there is a t10 but that won't fit in a dash

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CIVIC EG HATCH 1993
    http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=ZD0382

is that what i need yellow2k? would this work mate?

rep 4 u

Those r the exact same ones I got. I got white as I thought they would be brightest, unfortunately the eg6 cluster won't allow the led to shine to it's full potential
    the guy at jaycar even hooked it up back at the shop and it was very bright
    if ur using any other eg cluster then I assumeur dimmer still can work, give it a shot u can always return for a refund

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CIVIC EG HATCH 1993
    great ill be using red ones

got eg4 i think:S 93 civic dual carb lol no clue

thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 Sedan
    Using a non eg6 cluster the dimmer still works, im running led's in my cluster and the dimmer still works

rey2009: using led's will be fine for you, its a simple mod, just follow each step and you'll be fine, the climate control is the hardest, but given enough time even that wont bother you.
    Just remember to test all led's while the cluster is out, as they only flow one way, ie plug in the cluster while its still free from the dash and turn the lights on, using a towel over your head and the cluster you will be able to tell which led's are working and which arent, then with the ones that arent, just take them out and turn around, should work then
    Is a cool little mod, i'm running all red one's like the OP and at night looks wicked!
    Not putting miles on your built cars is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CIVIC EG HATCH 1993
    Quote Originally Posted by m.o.d.aus View Post
    Using a non eg6 cluster the dimmer still works, im running led's in my cluster and the dimmer still works

rey2009: using led's will be fine for you, its a simple mod, just follow each step and you'll be fine, the climate control is the hardest, but given enough time even that wont bother you.
    Just remember to test all led's while the cluster is out, as they only flow one way, ie plug in the cluster while its still free from the dash and turn the lights on, using a towel over your head and the cluster you will be able to tell which led's are working and which arent, then with the ones that arent, just take them out and turn around, should work then
    Is a cool little mod, i'm running all red one's like the OP and at night looks wicked!
    legend
    thanks alot bro rep for you
    im just scared of the air con clip part that they said is the hardest lol dont want to break it

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic EG5
    Quote Originally Posted by rey2009 View Post
    legend
    thanks alot bro rep for you
    im just scared of the air con clip part that they said is the hardest lol dont want to break it
    i just did mine today and i snapped the air con clip =S had to use some liquid nails to hold it in place. had some problems with the actual bulbs, i had to bend the little metal bits on the bulb to keep the bulb firm in the socket.