Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    Milk Carton!
    Whale penis intake are just CRAP.
    Avoid at all cost, unless it is the look your after for your engine bay.

As mention above intake from Injen, AEM etc give good bang for your buck performance gains.

Member Array
    Car:
    Mitsuhondabaru HiAce
    sound?
    very very LOUD. and angry...

torque?
    felt weaker than my stock intake before crossover.
    But had a very aggressive crossover, which was probably because the torque curve before crossover had dropped lower than stock...
    but dont take my butt dyno as bible... as maybe inconsistent from time to time from lack of roughage

power?
    If anything, i'd say it had pretty good throttle response and city-block-wakening sound effects...

Member Array
    Car:
    Eg4
    ok ppls, i have steered away from the whales penis and just modified my SRI to a CAI, running a pipe all the way to the front bar and making a vent and making a sami inclosed box, i find it a lil more torque, and response aint really changed but the intake doesn't sound as loud as before, but thats maybe due to it been further away from me.. im happy with the results
    HooK a bruda up!
    REP me! then we all get the hook ups!

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    i just purchased a cheap crappy one off ebay ... ill let you know how it goes lol

93 honda civic gli sedan (EG - D15B7), currently has Dc2 Integra Vti-R intake arm with a Apexi pod on the end ... which is actually awsome ... sounds good and revs quicker than the stock arm with K+N pod

the apexi pod is pretty dead and i needed a cheap quick replacement so i purchased a no-name whale penis with pod system from ebay lol the car is just a run about so im not chasing any massive gains or anything ... just want a new clean filter thats not damaged and the kit i purchased looks nice and ordinary as well =) not after anything flash lol

ill let you know about the changes when it arrives =)
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    I don't think big brand names are really worthwhile. AEM, Injen, Fujita etc...they all look nice and shizzle but at the end of the day there's not a lot separating them from a random piece of 2.5-3" intake pipe.
    If you just buy an APC SRI and get some more pipe, silicone connectors and clamps etc to relocated the pod down in your bumper you'll get a very similar result - it just won't look as 'nice'.

And in my opinion having used both alloy SRIs and the whale penis I'd say the whale penis is just a fancy looking SRI at the end of the day.

So really...just play to your budget and aesthetic preference.

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2 yO!
    did anyone notice the whale picture on the previous page showing a real whale dick. omfg, gross

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Camira
    been tested.. OEM air box with k&N make the same power..

OEM air box makes more KW than the whale penis copies.... too haahaah

POS..

u better off with the right size ebay intake. or something from AEM or something if u are after sound
    Club EM1 Represents - member 01 of 01

Member Array
    Car:
    EK
    i recon a good whale penis is designed to give 'cooler' air. when the air is sucked from the air filter, it being expanded in the whale penis to lose heat and producing 'cooler' air. and then compressed at the throttlebody. even tho the heat generated during compression on the throttle body but it will still slightly cooler than atmosphere temp.

I know you may say the air within it is almost in vacuum condition. but because of this situation, it allow the air moving quicker through the whale penis and producing cooler air. just like wat ur freeze did. compress and decompress to generate low temperature fluid.

a branded whale penis will taking the air velocity, temperature, direction, turbulent /laminar flow into consideration while the copy just simply producing similar product without consideration of the properties of moving air.

It just my though.

I dyno the whale penis..I might not of done this right but I ran the car with whale penis and then just a bare throttle body ( no filter) .. 0 perforance gain,,,( they do make a great sound though) I use AEM now,,filter in the front guard ,,have not dyno it
    Pin It To Win It

Member Array
    Car:
    Eg4
    Quote Originally Posted by Dart View Post
    I dyno the whale penis..I might not of done this right but I ran the car with whale penis and then just a bare throttle body ( no filter) .. 0 perforance gain,,,( they do make a great sound though) I use AEM now,,filter in the front guard ,,have not dyno it

you cant compare using a "wales penis" and using "nothing"

though you are sucking hot air with a bare TB, its direct flow. no restrictions what so ever. so therefore already been higher power.

correct me if im wrong here.

norm
    HooK a bruda up!
    REP me! then we all get the hook ups!