Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R

widest tyre on dc5 without modding (guard rolling)

hey guys, can i run the ep3r OEM wheels on my type s (stock) without the guards being rolled?

not sure bout the offset, but the wheels are 17 x 8, and tyres are 225/45/17

Also.. what'll all think it'll look.. height wise.. since mine is stock height? btw, i got gunmetal grey , and im sourcing white rims.

Cheers
    Last edited by r3ckless; 18-08-2009 at 03:51 PM. Reason: changed selection of wheels.

1. 225 will fit
    2. dont think u need to roll the guard because +55 will sit further into the guard than ur stock which look horrible imo

the ep3 wheels are actaully 17x7.5

max you should run would be 215's, you could fit 225's if you really wanted, but it wont look as good imo

you wont need any guard work either with 215's at 2.5" lowered, thats on a dc5r. im pretty sure dc5s is the same

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 VBP DC5 TypeS
    225 on 7.5" wide rims is good
    i've seen 225 on stock TypeS rims (7" wide) and they look good too, but i think it also depends on the tyre itself

On a similar topic but not worth its own thread..

What the widest width/lowest offset a DC5 can handle?

I'm thinking of going 9+22 but not too sure if it'll scrub or hang out of guards too much? Its been lowered a bit but nothing drastic..

Member Array
    Car:
    No caR?
    ive got 225 on my stock type s wheels and they look pretty good?

ive got a set of 17x8 17x9 +32 and it fits well, just depends on how low you want to go, depending on how low you go you will need guard rolling, but if your sitting high im pretty sure it will be all good with a camber kit and a good alignment!

Well I tried on some 8+30 and 9+35 and i'd say the fitment is pretty good. The 9" sits slightly further out, but neither seem to scrape.

Are you running the 9" at the front?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    On a similar topic but not worth its own thread..

What the widest width/lowest offset a DC5 can handle?

I'm thinking of going 9+22 but not too sure if it'll scrub or hang out of guards too much? Its been lowered a bit but nothing drastic..
    9 +22 will be fine at the front with a bit of camber but if you want to run a big tyre, 245 and wider, then I would go for a higher offset.

A DC5 with slightly modded guards can go anywhere up to 10" at the front with 275s or 285s, and 255s aren't an issue at the rear on a 9" but I haven't seen wider than that on stock body, with rolled guards of course. I run 275s on a 9.5 at the front and 245s on an 8.5 at the rear. Works okay.

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by chargeR View Post
    I run 275s on a 9.5 at the front and 245s on an 8.5 at the rear. Works okay.
    lol so fat. did it get stuck when your car tried to jump for joy? hehe
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    93 EG3
    Quote Originally Posted by chargeR View Post
    9 +22 will be fine at the front with a bit of camber but if you want to run a big tyre, 245 and wider, then I would go for a higher offset.

A DC5 with slightly modded guards can go anywhere up to 10" at the front with 275s or 285s, and 255s aren't an issue at the rear on a 9" but I haven't seen wider than that on stock body, with rolled guards of course. I run 275s on a 9.5 at the front and 245s on an 8.5 at the rear. Works okay.
    wow thats a bit much
    i ran 18x8 with 225 lowered 2.5inches and never scrubed think the offset was +42 but that fitted sweet.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    INTEGRA
    Found a set of wheels I like, they're 18 x 8.5 +44 and I'm dropped on Eibach springs so about 1.5" - can anyone tell me what tyre size I should be going for and if these wheels will fit without rolling guards? Cheers