Thread: Downlights??

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek CivicVTi

Downlights??

Hey im thinking of replacing my interior light in my EK Sedan with 2 downlights, just wanting anyones thoughts or advice on this as nothing on in-car downlights has been covered yet. Cheers...

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Civic
    ok a cpl issues you may face, depth of downlights and the massive heat they produce, think about those things first, your gonna need to build some sort of mounting plate and fix them to the roof without putting screws throught the top :P
    = First Production Company To Produce 100HP Per Litre NA

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    LED downlights?
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by trism View Post
    LED downlights?
    yes that would work, there small, nearly no heat and should be easy to mount into roof lining
    goodluck
    = First Production Company To Produce 100HP Per Litre NA

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DA9
    just buy those nice LED ones, that are all nice and thin, they mount the same way Tweeters do, 1 screw then screw the led on top of the mount.

I had 2 in my old mazda mx3, there nice does become a headache with the ignition switch though, LED & downlights dont have ignition switchs remember, so you'll have to connect to the negative.

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek CivicVTi
    ok so where do i get them from??
    so i can install them so they turn on when i open the dorrs and stuff just like my interior light??

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DA9

getting dem and installing them

Quote Originally Posted by Jiztec View Post
    ok so where do i get them from??
    so i can install them so they turn on when i open the dorrs and stuff just like my interior light??
    Installing you might need a pro to do it, if u want them to open when the doors open and stuff, there are bodgy ways of doing it... like when ur removing your old one theres gonna be 3 cords, 1 + // 1 - // 1 Ignition. Because downlights only have 2 sockets u might have to connect Ignition to - and just tape up the original - lol, its quite confusing really..

You can buy downlights from anywhere.. u can use house ones and stuff just make sure there 12V.

If you want LED's i recommend going to markets, or requesting them here, online or even some car audio shops, Jaycar for example.. or Supercheap Auto or even Autobarn

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek
    you can buy these led lights they are about 10-20led together depend how big you want them and they are pretty bright i got these from autobarn about 20bux for them just plug and plug

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    thread mining is good for the soul
    Albert Einstein Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.

Put your location in your profile, makes referring help easier!

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    i highly reccomend to NOT INSTALL normal house downlights because of the massive heat they produce, ive seen them burn through housing TPS wire (double insulated) and could easily start a fire. if you want to replace the interior light check out these products

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/1pc-Festoon-D...item2c528083c7

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/1x-31mm-3021-...item3a567590f1

there basically a standard festoon mounting globe but with leds, just double check the mm (31mm?) size of your globe before you go out and buy one.
    OEM parts whore