Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Winner! Array
    Car:
    dc2
    see i was gettting them sourced from CIVIC SI on this forum.. theres a MARKET PLACE thread.... so i was thinking if the charges for installation were doubled then id do one at a time, but if it costs bout the same to get both done then yeah...

but good call bout things not matching....
    when do we hit vtec?

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9 Integra LS
    We can put the springs in ourtselves fried! Have a suspension meet!

its a piece of cake, save money! I did my own; its good bonding time with the car.

I want to go alot lower these holidays, 3cms is great for handling, but not enough to make the car sexy. I'll get lower springs and shocks, go all out to retain travel and such. Problem is the car is low as, and it scrapes, yet it doesn't look low.

I'm sick of hearing "Really? It doesn't look lowered!"
    Too old for bodykits

Member Array
    Car:
    DC4
    hey Manuel! good idea man! :P
    if other technically minded ppl give the all clear for DIY spring installation id love to be involved we can all discuss that more on Sunday. and you have a spring compressor too right? awesome. saving money and learning more bout car = good.

jon

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9 Integra LS
    ye I have spring compressors, trolley jack, and many tools. I reckon it would take me 1 hour either end now, and it'd be quicker with extra hands.

I've pulled the suspension a few of times on the teg, and really, it isn't all that hard. It could allow us to do a write-up with pics and beer and everything.

Even on my old-ass car all the nuts and bolts came off easily.

Also let me clean and paint the suspension bits easily... its a sickness
    Too old for bodykits

Quote Originally Posted by fried
    slim i wanna see ur car again, and remind me how mine will look AHAHAHAHa!!!!

im going 1.5".....

u missed out on all my stress wiht exhausts etc.... so now ima do suspension first.... lol
    dont go 1.5" lower...as you will be kicking yourself to why you didnt go lower... i went for 1.5" the 1st time around, then wasn't happy with it, then went 2.5" lower a week later. as vti-2 said, do it right the first time.
    i have 2.5" lowered kmac springs and koni adjustable dampers....for everyday driving i have the dampers set to very soft.....so the drive is not bad at all...

Winner! Array
    Car:
    dc2
    i gotta kep it legal man... otherwise i will no longer be covered through insurance.

ALSO, im on stockies (15") mate, so 1.5" closes the gap between the rubber and the guard, which is what will make me one VERY happy dc2 owner.

kekeke

i think it looks great!

thanks for the warning but..... i'll remember ur words with regards when i get them in and regret not heeding them LOL
    when do we hit vtec?

Quote Originally Posted by fried
    i gotta kep it legal man... otherwise i will no longer be covered through insurance.

ALSO, im on stockies (15") mate, so 1.5" closes the gap between the rubber and the guard, which is what will make me one VERY happy dc2 owner.

kekeke

i think it looks great!

thanks for the warning but..... i'll remember ur words with regards when i get them in and regret not heeding them LOL
    fair enough man, yeh insurance can be a real bother....who are you with?
    go with justcars as they basicaly have no restrictions on what you can do to your car..... :lol:
    as for defects...well that another story! :cry: ops:

Winner! Array
    Car:
    dc2
    HA... see i guess i could go with anyone who would give me insurance, CEPT most places wnat ALOT of premium from me... nrma wants 8k, justcars wants 5 rah rah rah and the story goes on.....
    got an OK premium from GIO but still A heck a of alot. and so they were the cheapest.... but they wont let me do much with my car. so gotta be careful what i do lol
    when do we hit vtec?

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra turbo
    yeah u gotta bcareful with insurance wen ur on comprehensive
    gotta tell dem "every" lil mod u do to ur car.

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9 Integra LS
    Ye tell them everything or else they may not cover you in the event of a claim. They really are bastards.

Then agan, if you know how to do the work yourself, you can return your car 'back to stock' before the assessor comes out. I have heard of guys going to great lengths doing all nighters with mates to achieve this.

Note: 'Bastard' is an official insurance term
    Too old for bodykits

Member Array
    Car:
    EK VTi-R
    manuel's idea sounds great, aslong as we have few ppl who have half a clue what they are doing.. btw im still scared of the thought that a spring will fly out and smash my face.. hahah

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9 Integra LS
    luzinit: It's really a piece of pee, I can't think of anything that can go wrong if you take your time and are careful. I can't wait to get my loooooower shocks and loooooooower springs (or coilovers) so I can do it all over again!

The most important tool to have (and the most frustrating part of the job when you're on your own) is a quality hex key that keeps the shock rod from turning while you undo the top bolt to remove the spring. Also wd40 the bolts you have to remove before you start if you think they will be stubborn.

Front shocks are easier than the rear I found, I had to take off my rear swaybar and lower arms to get enough clearance for everything.

I may begin a write-up of it step-by-step that I can post and others can make suggestions. We can take pics when we lower someone's car or I lower mine more, whatever happens first.

ALSO; once you do go alot lower you end up with quite a bit of negative camber. You have to take into consideration camber kits (the rear is easy to fix), pronounced tyre wear, shortened lifespan of CV's, as well as a possible decrease in comfort and handling.

Low does look very good though.
    Too old for bodykits