Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra DC2 VTI R

2 G's Budget VTIR Headers + Exhaust

So i have been perusing these forums for some time now brushing up with all the lingo, so bare with me. noob alert!!. Purchased a pretty neat, stock standard 95 vtir teg and want to do a few upgrades I/H/E - HKS Intake, custom piping being done already.

I have 2 g's give or take a few 100. I want to do the fitting myself (with the help of a mate). I live in Perth so sourcing parts locally is difficult, most local distributors want to do the work themselves so arent really forth coming with helping you to source parts.

Is 2 G's a reasonable budget ? & Can anybody point me in the right direction of a reasonable mid range system and where i might be best sourcing this from. I have made a few enquiries on the market place, traders, ebay???? etc but nothing has really worked out so far.

In A nutshell

2 grand
    performance over noise. prefer as quiet as possible with out power loss.
    obviously bolt-on

any help would be great.

toda headers
    jdm cat
    mugen twinloop

above would be a great boost in terms of header and exhaust mods.

exhaust ae usually with traders such as 'j-imports' and 'seeker motorsport' both based in melbourne. Im sure many would also have a jdm cat around.

As for the header:
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116741

you wont regret the gains

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra DC2 VTI R
    thanks for the info. much appreciated

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    i got a vtir with I/H/E for 1.7k

spoon 4-2-1 headers
    JDM cat
    Mugen Twinloop

Awesome combo! but toda headers will be even better. Dont get any other catback exhaust besides mugen twinloop i reckon or it will sound ricey. Mugen Twinloop sounds sweet as and its pretty quite under 4krpm but when over 4krpm it sounds awesome, hear the vtec crossover nicely. btw fitting isnt that expenive too, i got my full exhaust fitted for like $70.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5, PP1
    fujitsubo cat backs r great IMO.. fiarly quiet, very nice note n good gains.. can get a good cond 2nd hand set for under a grand. Toda best 4 headers but $$$ mite b an issue
    Getting there...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '95 vti-r Integra
    let me know how u go, as i have the exact same car and hopes for it too

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra DC2 VTI R
    lads. i managed to get a set of toda headers 2nd hand for $900. I am now searching for the cat back. Mugen twin loop sounds like the way to go. Cheers. Will keep you posted Chillie.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5, PP1
    check out a few traders on here r sellin 2nd hand mugen twin loop & jdm itr cat for decent prices. Goodluck!
    Getting there...