Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what springs ?

Member Array
    Car:
    07 CL9

Cool what springs ?

i have 18inch wheels with stock shocks, i'm not after rock hard racing ride, with the 18inch wheels it needs to be lowered.. tien springs vs king springs..prices differences ? a spring is a spring right .. how many inch should i lower it.. show me your pics, for ride height.

cheers
    -------Black CL9 07 ltd edt----------

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by euro1603 View Post
    i have 18inch wheels with stock shocks, i'm not after rock hard racing ride, with the 18inch wheels it needs to be lowered.. tien springs vs king springs..prices differences ? a spring is a spring right .. how many inch should i lower it.. show me your pics, for ride height.

cheers
    Eibach springs.approx.$530+install.They're 1 of the few springs that are compatible with stock shocks.Approx.35mm drop.King springs..In my experience they tend to sag a bit over time and they're linear,not progressive(not sure if they've changed since i had them installed over 6 yrs.ago on my previous car)Spend the extra and get decent springs.Any lowered spring will wear out a stock shock quicker than normal,some faster than others.

Member Array
    Car:
    05 Accord Euro
    ill be getting some tien springs probably tomorrow once installed ill post up pics and comment on rideability
    Daily Drive: 2008 Accord Euro
    Weekend Drive: 1998 Lancer Evolution 5

Member Array
    Car:
    Eva
    Quote Originally Posted by tony1234 View Post
    Eibach springs.approx.$530+install.They're 1 of the few springs that are compatible with stock shocks.Approx.35mm drop.King springs..In my experience they tend to sag a bit over time and they're linear,not progressive(not sure if they've changed since i had them installed over 6 yrs.ago on my previous car)Spend the extra and get decent springs.Any lowered spring will wear out a stock shock quicker than normal,some faster than others.

Don't skimp on quality when it comes to handling
    CL9 Euro Luxury

Toda - 127kW | Wakefield - 1:19.1 | WSID - 15.4

QUALITY K-SERIES AND CL9 EURO PARTS FOR SALE

Member Array
    Car:
    Public Transport / Foot
    King springs dont go too low though you'll be fine its all about budget these days. As for the ride quality King spring will be a lil abit hard . but if you dont mind it kings is the way to go. go for the level 2 king spring or sumthing they got 3 stage rite correct me if im wrong

Member Array
    Car:
    05 Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by felixd View Post
    King springs dont go too low though you'll be fine its all about budget these days. As for the ride quality King spring will be a lil abit hard . but if you dont mind it kings is the way to go. go for the level 2 king spring or sumthing they got 3 stage rite correct me if im wrong

thought they were just lows or super lows that king springs come out in.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by tenji` View Post
    thought they were just lows or super lows that king springs come out in.
    I think so too.Don't get King springs pay a bit more for better quality.

Member Array
    Car:
    07 FN2R, 09 FD1
    is handling improved much by jus changing to springs? say eibach springs? thinking of selling my buddyclub coilovers and investing the money in other parts...what u guys think? mainly street use and occasional track

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by jyh888 View Post
    is handling improved much by jus changing to springs? say eibach springs? thinking of selling my buddyclub coilovers and investing the money in other parts...what u guys think? mainly street use and occasional track
    Eibach/Bilstein combo.You wont look back.

Member Array
    Car:
    07 CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by tony1234 View Post
    Do you have the model number for the eibach springs you got.. how is the ride ?

Member Array
    Car:
    07 CL9
    Anyone have the tein Stech shocks installed

http://www.tein.com/tech_info/a42.html

just wondering how these ride with stock shocks..

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by euro1603 View Post
    Anyone have the tein Stech shocks installed

http://www.tein.com/tech_info/a42.html

just wondering how these ride with stock shocks..
    I think you will find more info about these springs on the TSX forums..