Hybrid View

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    ^^^^not really... what the gel does is pushes the air out of the cracks and hardens like a sealant

what windscreen o'brien normally do on chips is they drill out the chip as long as it doesn't exceed the 5mm and fill it with a hardening gel.

the whole process is seamless.

i use something similar to this... can be purchased from repco for $30. Bought mine at the motorshow last year at 2 for 1
    http://www.ufixit.xrwh.com/
    Last edited by dsp26; 20-08-2009 at 04:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow96GSR
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by dsp26 View Post
    ^^^^not really... what the gel does is pushes the air out of the cracks and hardens like a sealant

what windscreen o'brien normally do on chips is they drill out the chip as long as it doesn't exceed the 5mm and fill it with a hardening gel.

the whole process is seamless.

i use something similar to this... can be purchased from repco for $30. Bought mine at the motorshow last year at 2 for 1
    http://www.ufixit.xrwh.com/
    He meant that the mechanic is not passing his roadworthy/blue slip just because of a 1mm chip on his windscreen, which is not what O'Briens say. You should pass roadworthy as long as the chip is below 15mm in size.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2