Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Civic 97
    hey i just sold one of those JJR coolers there luke for $150 with a turbosmart boost controller and it was brand new

$1695 for brand new 2871R or $900 for Ryans 2871R with polished front housing :P
    WOULD YOU LIKE SOME FRONT BAR WITH YOUR FRONT MOUNT

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    Quote Originally Posted by lookingforboost View Post
    hey i just sold one of those JJR coolers there luke for $150 with a turbosmart boost controller and it was brand new

$1695 for brand new 2871R or $900 for Ryans 2871R with polished front housing :P

lol Ryan

I only post new items so they can't blame me if something goes wrong with the second hand stuff.. It’s up to them to hunt round for good deals.

Personally I brought most of my setup second hand without problems
    161.4KW ATW Tuned By TODA
    EG5 JDM B16A SiR-II TURBO

13.28@106.6mph 2.117 60ft On RE001

Hey man can you send me the link to the sale thread?

so should i go the 2971 or stick with the disco potato? as it is for a track application im leaning ore towards the 28rs... as limbo said its better to loose a bit of power to increase the cars driveability through corners. i already have problems with wheelspin coming out of corners but im hoping i can fix that with an lsd.

Quote Originally Posted by EGB18CT View Post
    check out the atp t3 gt2860rs (its t3 based so the housing is larger and will flow better to redline than the reg t28 flanged turbo)
    ^^^ i like this idea as i spend the entire time in between about 5k and redline but that atp place list them at about $1400 australian plus postage... is that good? what does gcg charge for a standard 28rs?

got some 550cc injectors lined up... rx7 ones. apparently they fit

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyG View Post
    also for ecu i would suggest hondata s300...
    yer im going to use hondata... seems to be the easiest option

Reece... i read through your thread! interesting about the pcv system.

i have mine set up into a catch can at the moment going from the pcv valve to the catch can and then from the catch can to the IM but i think the actual pcv box is clogged? is that possible?

the hoses seem to be under allot of pressure like under allot of suction (the hose is crumpling in a bit) and i do get a bit of blowby oil in the can but no more then about 50ml in the last 6 months its barly high enough to see on the catch can oil level monitering hose thing...

im a bit concerned. is it possible to clean the pcv system out at all?

*edit* ive decided im going to do this http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1490117

thanks for the replies guys ive been doing heeeeeeaaaps of reading and i think i should be able to do this easy...

reps to the ozhonda community! you guys are legends!
    Last edited by MacDiZZle; 23-08-2009 at 06:50 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    Yeah the PCV system is a pain on boosted Honda's

Ether vent both rocker cover and PCV (Black Box) to atom or plumb them both back via the pre-turbo piping with catch cans inbetween

RC 440CC is all that's needed for 10psi
    And yeah the 71R with 0.86 would be better
    Last edited by Lukezen27; 23-08-2009 at 06:59 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    Quote Originally Posted by MacDiZZle View Post
    what do you recon about using this? http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...turbo+manifold

Yeah AVO kits are quite good just need to buy a turbo + Hondata

another bloke is selling a s200 will that be adequate or should i hold out for a s300

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic 97
    ha ha yeah i bought it for my civic but apparently i am changing it agian so hmm had ot sell it :P

a larger rear housing on a turbo will net you more horsepower in the end but not all ways driveablity for example a a .63 rear on a GT30 will spool up later then a .63 on a
    T28 so its much of a mushness.

your main concern is to first workout what you want from the setup and set a power level for what you have and your money you have to spend. and work from there.

on a mild setup a T3 or T2 flange isent really going to matter and most T3 setups are T3 because they use an external gate setup like i am doing or because they are on a bigger capascity motor eg S15/14 and 13 use T2 flanged turbos R32/33/34 use T3 they have 6cyc and and silvias have 4 so there is a need for the larger flange.

running it on a standard motor you will never really see the true potential of a say a 2871R as your only going to be running low boost so your waiting for that extra lag for no more power.

Sorry i dont have any rep and cant put up stuff for sale on here atm so i dont have a link but if you want me to put up a pic thats cool i have a few different turbos here atm to.

but its a custom made turbo with the .63 rear caz i like the fast spool :P and has a enlarged front comp cover and T3 comp wheel and internals i was going to use it to run 20psi on my motor but have gone a different direction :P

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    yeah i had a GT28r with a .64 rear.
    It spooled up at like 3krpm, but peaked out at high rpm in higher gears.
    Need to run more boost to make them better, but on stock internal didn't bother.
    With the 2871, its abit lagger but when full boost hits its alot more stronger
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic 97
    ^^^ you needed the bigger comp wheel to keep the boost going the GT28R's are good and can run up to about 200RWKW on silvias the b wont get up to that without cracking the motor open

your main concern is to first workout what you want from the setup and set a power level for what you have and your money you have to spend. and work from there.
    Im not actually that concerned on actual power number... any power increase is great and something like 150kw would help my track times heaps if i can get that. as i said earlier im more concerned about driveability. i dont want crazy amounts of boost up high with a huge lag down low but rather a steady power curve that will produce power right throught to redline. the turbo that will do that for me is the turbo i want lol

running it on a standard motor you will never really see the true potential of a say a 2871R as your only going to be running low boost so your waiting for that extra lag for no more power.
    so do you think i should pass on the 2871r? ive tracked down a brand new one for $1300 so im tossing up weather i should get it

i think the GT28r is too big.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    Quote Originally Posted by MacDiZZle View Post
    Im not actually that concerned on actual power number... any power increase is great and something like 150kw would help my track times heaps if i can get that. as i said earlier im more concerned about driveability. i dont want crazy amounts of boost up high with a huge lag down low but rather a steady power curve that will produce power right throught to redline. the turbo that will do that for me is the turbo i want lol

so do you think i should pass on the 2871r? ive tracked down a brand new one for $1300 so im tossing up weather i should get it

i think the GT28r is too big.
    NO NO GT28r is not to big in fact pros use GT30's with 0.63 rear for VTec B's

You need to remember hit'n VTec adds a huge amount air flow

Not to mention the smaller the turbo the higher chance of your motor going pop