Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Last edited by underbelly; 08-11-2009 at 02:04 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1, Impreza, GE6
    i think u need the front guards as well and FD2R Headlights and the cluster, there was a write up on making it red at 8thcivic.com b4 but u need to get the gauges anyway like the vtec meter and the rev gauge is diff

Member Array
    Car:
    shibiku taipu R
    3. AUDM FD2 cluster illumination is blue, FD2R is red. How can I get the red illumination on a AUDM FD2? Do I have to do a FD2R cluster conversion for it to work?
    Answer: The FD2R cluster is slightly different to the normal FD2. Where the FD2 temperature gauge location is, the iVTEC indicator is in its place. The FD2R has the temperature gauge on the left of the Rev meter.

Red illumination I would think can be done by simply replacing the LED bulbs in the back. But I could be wrong as I've yet to test the FD2R speed cluster for an FD2.

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 FD1
    Quote Originally Posted by underbelly View Post

2. Was the Type R side badge a factory option in Japan? I've seen some photos where there are no Type R side badge, some photos were the badge is placed on the actual side of the car (not side skirt) and some photos where it is placed on the actual side skirt. What is the stock location for this badge?
    imho, if u dont have the k20a inside, dont put the type r decals on the side of ur car. im fine with the red badge (i have one on my fd1, coz i like the colour lol) but i think the words "Type R" written on the side is over the top, unless u back it up with power.
    besides, i think it looks much cleaner without any extra kind of decals.

oh, and to answer ur question, they're located at the bottom of the rear doors (but above that chrome strip thing) and above the side skirt. also like the audm fn2r, the "Type R" decals on the side are optional.
    Last edited by aero; 21-08-2009 at 04:32 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    imo, not worth the money doin all cosmetics, engine first then outside

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2
    engine will cost 20k drive in n drive out. the person i buy my rims off has an type r engine. your gonna be spending more than the costs of your civic if you were to do a whole conversion.

you can buy the fd2r cluster so it is exactly the same as fd2r.
    need type r pedals/footrest
    i think the diffuser is a seperate item not quite sure.
    should get an exhaust even though its mechanical, to complete it.
    FD Parts for sale
    http://tiny.cc/fdsale

Member Array
    Car:
    FDrive
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    imho, if u dont have the k20a inside, dont put the type r decals on the side of ur car. im fine with the red badge (i have one on my fd1, coz i like the colour lol) but i think the words "Type R" written on the side is over the top, unless u back it up with power.
    besides, i think it looks much cleaner without any extra kind of decals.

oh, and to answer ur question, they're located at the bottom of the rear doors (but above that chrome strip thing) and above the side skirt. also like the audm fn2r, the "Type R" decals on the side are optional.
    agreed +1

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG5
    i think that the side mirrors are slightly larger in the type r models aswell. not 100% sure.

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 FD1
    i thought they were smaller in the type r's?

Member Array
    Car:
    FDrive
    they're smaller in terms that they are thinner in size

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2

different back

LED tail lights
    does it have different fenders?

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    Err.. is this not what the Red H means?

According to Honda, "only a Type R and an F1 car are to be adorned with the Red H."

FAIL.