Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by NightRyder View Post
    I know how you feel buddy but it's how things are since we can't get the real FD2R here.
    The FD2R - if it ever were to be sold in Australia - would be expensive and consequently exclusive. With all the FD1s running around playing pretend, this very marketable quality is clearly a non-starter.

Yes the government and Honda Australia/Japan do hold the claim to the main players stopping the FD2R from bring imported, but surely you can see that the action of the "we love the colour red when it is surrounded by a silver H crowd" are, at the very least, not helping the cause.

Lets face it, these people wouldn't buy a real FD2R anyway because of the extra cost, manual box, etc. because all they want is "the look."

And don't think Honda hasn't noticed that "the look" just happens to always mirror that of the real performance variant, without the actual performance!

While you enjoy lookign the goods, pat yoruself on the back for making watered down Type Rs marketable.
    Last edited by moons; 22-08-2009 at 11:43 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    FDrive
    and the fight continues

i would definitely buy a FD2R at a reasonable cost.. reason y they couldnt get it over here is coz of the high cost and thus would work relatively poor against the other cars in the similar category

definitely harsh words moon.. is it me or is moon sayin that the FD2R isnt living up to ite TypeR performance expectations???
    Last edited by JOhnnyFD; 22-08-2009 at 11:53 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 FD1
    i think he means that the fn2r is the "watered down Type R"
    the fact that a lot of people are placing a red badge on their fd1 or fd2, makes having an actual fd2r less exclusive, therefore making people want the fn2r, if they wanna feel special.

meh this thing never stops...like a woman's menstruation cycle...keeps repeating

IF Honda are so strictly dealing with ONLY PERFORMANCE CARS are allowed to have its PRIVILEGED red honda badge stuck up on their cars, why produce so many for aftermarket purchases?

Its only a cosmetic/visual upgrades item for us, no other particular meaning, I dont see how try hard/wannabe it is for ppl stickin up red honda badges on any honda cars. we are consumers, we buy, they sell we satisfies them with profits they make, they satisfy us with the product we receive, simple as that (am i makin sense??? anybody understand my fob english??)

Good on you, you can afford a type R, but if you hated us FD drivers, because we cant afford buying a proper Type R from honda, which makes you think we've downgraded your type R, you could always move on to something else, what abt a Lambo? Ferrari, Aston Martin or a Bugatti Veyron?

Geez...only a badge....not like ppl care...Oh its a red honda badge, its a honda performance car,
    ohh what a crappy normal chrome honda badge, only a slow family car

Quote Originally Posted by moons View Post

While you enjoy lookign the goods, pat yoruself on the back for making watered down Type Rs marketable.

sorry but i cant agree on that, FDs and FN2R is 2 totally different looking cars, how does FD drivers puttin a red H badge watered down the FN2R market??? if the individual have some sense of knowledge abt cars, they should know Australia dont have FD2Rs and hence, what they see is only a pretty looking FDs, not a Type R....some egomania here

Member Array
    Car:
    shibiku taipu R
    Quote Originally Posted by moons View Post
    Yes the government and Honda Australia/Japan do hold the claim to the main players stopping the FD2R from bring imported, but surely you can see that the action of the "we love the colour red when it is surrounded by a silver H crowd" are, at the very least, not helping the cause.
    Well, what else can be done if they aren't bringing the real deal to our shores? Their call right?

Mate, like I said, if it doesn't have the heart to be a real Type-R then it surely isn't. But people want to enjoy their ride by putting the Red H on and I don't think there is any problem with that. Just leave it dude!

If the FD2R was to come to our shores then I agree it would be expensive for many reasons and it even might not really be the real deal because yes it most likely would be a watered down version, not just because of the high octane fuel but other things such as Brembo's, etc. So what can you do?

Anyway, this debate is really going no where so I rest my case.

But I must say, I don't understand why Lexus was able to bring in their high performance variant of the Lexus IS250, namely the F, but yet they already have their silver L's here as mass market...
    Can someone enlighten me?...hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    What about skyilnes that put GTR badges on it?

I've even seen Getz's with GTR badges....

A badge is more than a coloured H i guess, but it's a bit more of an extreme case wannabe.

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 FD1
    mmm getz gtr. where can i make a deposit?!

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1, Impreza, GE6
    i saw a mugen badge on the toyota corolla and GTR on a lacer and a wrx scoop on the trunk of the MR2!
    LOL!

and we are bitching abt a red H badge on a honda car?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1, Impreza, GE6
    ummm no fung on a toyota!LOL!

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Here's how i see it guys.

Red H badge on a Honda is just a nice colour. No biggie.
    Type-R badge on a Civic is becoming wannabe.

Type-R, Mugen, GTR etc.. badges on Getz's, Corolla's, and anyother car that's not meant to have it in the first place.. is an idiot trying to see who's stupid enough to believe it.

One more question. If i buy a civic, do a K20A engine swap, and buy a few FD2R aero parts and slap em on, do i have a Type-R ???