Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fung View Post
    meh this thing never stops...like a woman's menstruation cycle...keeps repeating

IF Honda are so strictly dealing with ONLY PERFORMANCE CARS are
    LOL so true, ure a funny man

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 FD1
    Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    Here's how i see it guys.

Red H badge on a Honda is just a nice colour. No biggie.
    Type-R badge on a Civic is becoming wannabe.

Type-R, Mugen, GTR etc.. badges on Getz's, Corolla's, and anyother car that's not meant to have it in the first place.. is an idiot trying to see who's stupid enough to believe it.

One more question. If i buy a civic, do a K20A engine swap, and buy a few FD2R aero parts and slap em on, do i have a Type-R ???
    even if u did a full conversion and had every single fd2r part u could think of, its still not a 'genuine out of the factory fd2r'. it would be one hell of a copy tho!

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    ^ it's a tough call isn't it. You can't call it a type R cos it wasn't born one, but you've worked hard to make it become one.

Quote Originally Posted by ej20i View Post
    ummm no fung on a toyota!LOL!

yeah....see what i mean, a corolla has a red H badge, a subaru with a RalliArt badge, mitsubishi with a Nismo badge

go bark at them, not us honda drivers with honda badges anything wrong with stickin a honda badge on a honda car? i see nothing is wrong abt that.

Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    even if u did a full conversion and had every single fd2r part u could think of, its still not a 'genuine out of the factory fd2r'. it would be one hell of a copy tho!
    too bad, you are a wannabe!!!!
    according to some TypeR drivers, thats wannabe!!! its not manufactured by Honda!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Ok what if you own a DC2R, and you crash it - chassis is totally gone but ur engine's more or less fine.

You then transplant your Type-R engine and other salvagable interior parts into a new regular DC2.

THen you go find other type-R parts and put it in - suspension, seats, steering wheel, emblems, wheels, everything that you could possibly get, such that the only original part from the DC2 is the chassis.

Is it now a Type-R?

some say no, some say yes.

Member Array
    Car:
    FDrive
    Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    Ok what if you own a DC2R, and you crash it - chassis is totally gone but ur engine's more or less fine.

You then transplant your Type-R engine and other salvagable interior parts into a new regular DC2.

THen you go find other type-R parts and put it in - suspension, seats, steering wheel, emblems, wheels, everything that you could possibly get, such that the only original part from the DC2 is the chassis.

Is it now a Type-R?

some say no, some say yes.
    the engine is the most important part of a typeR.. everything like suspension, brakes, handling etc come second

but thats abit of a pickle.. ppl can just create a dc2r/fd2r with the right genuine parts and know-how on how to build one... but i would consider a true typeR car when it actually comes out of a japanese honda factory.. hehe

it doesnt matter if you are driving a bugatti or a toyota prius, when you are in a 50 zone, you drive 50
    the colour of the badge isnt a big deal....after all....its only a bloody car

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by JOhnnyFD View Post
    the engine is the most important part of a typeR.. everything like suspension, brakes, handling etc come second
    The engine of a type R is not that much more powerful. But the chassis, handling and suspension are all nicely matched to make it handle fast on the track. I'd say chassis first and engine second.

Also, if you transplanted every FD2R part into the FD1 or FD2, it still doesn't get the chassis spot welds, so you end up with a car that has stiff suspension but corners like tofu because of chassis flex.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    FDrive
    all parts in any car would need to match each other in order to get the desire performance and especially more so in a typeR i mean

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 Civic Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by JOhnnyFD View Post

but thats abit of a pickle.. ppl can just create a dc2r/fd2r with the right genuine parts and know-how on how to build one... but i would consider a true typeR car when it actually comes out of a japanese honda factory.. hehe
    i disagree... if u put FD2R parts into an FD, then essentially it is an FD2R as finished product!
    some guy on the BMW forums stuck M3 parts from a 100% fine donor car into his sedan 318i... his finished product deserves an M3 badge id say!

swap parts from green one into blue one

almost done

and done- this is 100% M3 to me!

imo i would rather do straight on engine conversion and you dont have to do it exactly match like type r because majority peoples who own type r tend to remodify the car anyway.
    Also you must wonder why so how many peoples selling their stock type r suspension or other part on trade section so why bother you do the conversion exactly the same on chassis and suspension part while you can get aftermarket part to replace all that.
    FN2 - FD2 - EGH2B(SOON)