Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by hisoka View Post
    is that including purchase of the car and engine swap, or is that ontop of engine swap and car
    umm car is payed for already just everthing else after that

and im getting a b18c7 engine in not a c2. type r
    planning to spend under 13k without paying for the eg itself.
    Get a EG csi which my rents are paying for and im planning to drive it for couple months (to save up)
    then chuck in a b18c7
    and everything else that i need for now
    the things i dont really need yet i'll do it over time
    so you guys reakon around 10k ish ? for engine gearbox Dash Brakes + labour ?
    cause im planning to do the CAI and full exhaust and full suspension slowly so i got sumthing to do to the car when i get bored lols

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC2
    if u already have 10k, save a bit more and just get a k20/24. hell of a lot more worth it.

keeping in mind that the eg is my first car LOL
    so yea.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG civic
    Quote Originally Posted by NSPYRE View Post
    if u already have 10k, save a bit more and just get a k20/24. hell of a lot more worth it.
    +1

B18C has got alittle boring for me atm...previously owning a turbo car..backwards steps FTL!

K-swap is the only NA way to go..~$14k installed these days?

b18c7 D: im getting . not the b18c2. i want type r not the vtir lols
    meh i'll keep the k20 in mind though

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC2
    ^^^

there isnt THAT much difference between the two. as mentioned before, the extra money it costs to buy a b18c7 over a b18c2 u could build up the head and get a stand alone ECU which would yield more power and torque over a b18c7 easily.

imo that wld be the smarter option of the two but if u just wanna say "hey, my engine is from a Tyyppeee Rrrr" and have a red rocker cover then by all means, go ahead

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5, PP1
    yeah, all really depends on how much time ur plannin 2 spend on this thing. I picked up a mint cond b18c (jdm ITR) for 4g gearbox for $1200 but things such as exhaust etc arent cheap either plus brake upgrade is a must which can set u back well over a grand if u want the goods. + labour n suspension upgrade. If u dont plan 2 do 2 much work 2 the motor go with the b18cr... few extra ponies which can be oh so hard 2 gain on such a small na motor. Always gna b that 1 step ahead of the b18c2.

vtec engagement n that sexy sound made the b18c my choice over the k20 lol ...plus the difference in price ofcourse.
    Getting there...

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    I rekon you should go B20vtec man. your missing out on that extra torque. Every tom dick and harry has done B18C7 into EG. Getting so common now its amazing to see a eg without a swap lol.