Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK

hid lights for prefacelift ek.

i was wondering what size i should look for.

Member Array
    Car:
    Beautiful facelift EJ8!
    Quote Originally Posted by jorziie View Post
    i was wondering what size i should look for.
    h4 bulbs

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    also for ease of install, buy the h4 low beam only, my goodness sooo much easier to conseal and install with less hassels
    WTB: EK oem JDM Visors

I love J-Cups

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EM1
    how hard is it to install the one with low/high beam?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by CVCEM1 View Post
    how hard is it to install the one with low/high beam?
    alot more involved as you then have a relay to hook up and then run everything so it connects together, unlike the h4 low which has two separate ballasts one for each side and its easier to conceal

just more stuffing around and more things to stuff up ultimately

I love J-Cups

Quote Originally Posted by EK1.6LCIV View Post
    alot more involved as you then have a relay to hook up and then run everything so it connects together, unlike the h4 low which has two separate ballasts one for each side and its easier to conceal

just more stuffing around and more things to stuff up ultimately
    not really, im running seperate ballasts and im pretty sure u need seperate ballasts regardless of them being lo or hi/lo globes.
    what ideally u want is bi-xenon globes which is just the 1 bulb, a lot better.

conceal the ballasts behind your front bar.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by Stcmon View Post
    not really, im running seperate ballasts and im pretty sure u need seperate ballasts regardless of them being lo or hi/lo globes.
    what ideally u want is bi-xenon globes which is just the 1 bulb, a lot better.

conceal the ballasts behind your front bar.
    these have the separate ballasts and globes with a relay that all connect to one aloner to make a circuit and are the 'bi-xeon' type, they havent enough length to be conceal properly unless you were indeed game enough to cut and rewire the chinese made (for the most part) pos...

from the four Ive fitted to eks, the h1 lows are the way to go, less cables, smaller kits and nothing to cut, mod or change in anyway shape or form, perfect

and there is no way you would ever need high beams with 6000k hids

I love J-Cups

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EM1
    well i use to have h4 low beam 6000k on my old car, everytime i flick the high beam...theres no lights at all..so driving past a mobile speed camera couldnt inform on coming cars..

also i was told the high beam hid is useless? because with low beam hid it takes a second to warm up..so if you turn on high beam wouldnt it be the same? if so whats the point of flickering it on,off,on,off?

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 Cxi EK
    can set it so that you can run HID low with normal Hi Beams?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    well i use to have h4 low beam 6000k on my old car, everytime i flick the high beam...theres no lights at all..so driving past a mobile speed camera couldnt inform on coming cars..

also i was told the high beam hid is useless? because with low beam hid it takes a second to warm up..so if you turn on high beam wouldnt it be the same? if so whats the point of flickering it on,off,on,off?
    it shouldnt work at all tbch, and it's against the law to warn of police and mobile speed vans anyway...

I only warn people in hotted up cars, sports bikes or people with obvious defects, the rest of the community can get stuffed lol

I love J-Cups

bi-xenons have a piece of rubber or plastic, dunno looks black.. that kinda conceals the bottom 1/3 of the bulb and when u flick it to high beam, it moves down and reveals more light. heres a wiki link, might explain better than me
    http://wikicars.org/en/Bi-xenon_Headlights

the kit i got had plenty of wire length as well, i actually had to cable tie a lot of extra slack on the cable.