Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    94 prelude
    shouldnt melt unless ur pushing stupid amounts or power. im running 8g on mine and i have a fusion powerplant 1000 watt amd and a pioneer 300 watt amp. never had a problem. but i still want to upgrade the wire.

id run with 4g tho. just better flow especially if ur amp and battery are at opposite ends of the car

Member Array
    Car:
    ek1 mother****er
    look. tbh, the specs are always safe. usually done for the system constantly running at full power, which in an audio setup rarely happens (usually only peaks at that at certain times, and runs constantly at a lower level). so you will probably get away with still using the 8awg cable. using the 8awg cable for both amps will result in a less efficient system and slightly less power as you would get with 4awg, cause you'll get about 1v total voltage drop.

you wll probably get away with it...but if it were my system. i'd use the 4awg cable.

rewiring isnt that hard once you already have it wired. all you need to do is somehow attatch the replacement wire to one end of the current wire, and pull the other end. as the origonal wire is being pulled through, it should bring with it the replacement wire, which is much easier then doing it the first time.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz vti Auto 05
    I am please to hear " Give it a try " or i can get away with it!
    Look i will give it a try. If the sound goes abit .....* I would rewire it. That what i was thinking.!

Thx.

Quote Originally Posted by redefine View Post
    look. tbh, the specs are always safe. usually done for the system constantly running at full power, which in an audio setup rarely happens (usually only peaks at that at certain times, and runs constantly at a lower level). so you will probably get away with still using the 8awg cable. using the 8awg cable for both amps will result in a less efficient system and slightly less power as you would get with 4awg, cause you'll get about 1v total voltage drop.

you wll probably get away with it...but if it were my system. i'd use the 4awg cable.

rewiring isnt that hard once you already have it wired. all you need to do is somehow attatch the replacement wire to one end of the current wire, and pull the other end. as the origonal wire is being pulled through, it should bring with it the replacement wire, which is much easier then doing it the first time.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz vti Auto 05
    Quote Originally Posted by vtecprelly View Post
    shouldnt melt unless ur pushing stupid amounts or power. im running 8g on mine and i have a fusion powerplant 1000 watt amd and a pioneer 300 watt amp. never had a problem. but i still want to upgrade the wire.

id run with 4g tho. just better flow especially if ur amp and battery are at opposite ends of the car
    Woo good to hear someone done something like this. So what speaker and sub have you got?

I have a
    VR 504 – 600 Watts 4/2-Channel Reference Amplifier +
    Jl Audio - VR600CSI Component Speaker System and
    Jl Audio - VR525-CXi Coaxials

Friend just give me a 4 channel kicker (KX600.4) amp
    I just wanna run a sub on it.
    I like JL sub. I think i'll get 10 to 12 inch sub.
    What do you think?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    umm jazz?
    i would suggest you run an image dynamic idq10 sealed box for a jazz, its decent priced for its quality i is able to produce a deeper tight base and also use a QUALITY amp (JL slash series mono or bridge 2ch, old school soundstream reference series, audio system twister series) for the sub otherwise a JL would be more powerful and produce tighter bass around 80 hz - the kinda bass u hear thump on ur chest at the clubs. The reason why i recomend u use a high quality amp is that i tried to run my friends alpine v12, cheap ebay amp, kenwood 800rms mono (yea right), the sound is flat and will distort when a loud bass note kicks in. then again, sound is subjective, i listen to rnb a bit of techno so i prefer a deep more tighter base for rnb but its up to u.

either way to split it and have god quality sound from all components it would be recommended to use a 4 gauge cable then split it with the distributor and from that use the 8 gauge cables.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz vti Auto 05
    Anyone have anyother opinion?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by vtecprelly View Post
    shouldnt melt unless ur pushing stupid amounts or power.
    As aka_NSX suggested as long as the cable is appropriately fused close to the battery it should never melt. Fuses need to be chosen so that ratings allow enough current to flow to avoid annoying blown fuses, but low enough to protect the cable from being set ablaze
    difference in resistance (resulting in power loss through heat production) over short runs of less than 5 meters should be negligible. If the cable you're using is capable of carrying sufficient current to power your amplifier(s) then there will be little to no benefit in upgrading.
    Intentionally Left Blank

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz vti Auto 05
    Quote Originally Posted by micka View Post
    As aka_NSX suggested as long as the cable is appropriately fused close to the battery it should never melt. Fuses need to be chosen so that ratings allow enough current to flow to avoid annoying blown fuses, but low enough to protect the cable from being set ablaze

difference in resistance (resulting in power loss through heat production) over short runs of less than 5 meters should be negligible. If the cable you're using is capable of carrying sufficient current to power your amplifier(s) then there will be little to no benefit in upgrading.
    thx....