Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sat Nav V15

Sat Nav V15

I believe V15 of the Sensis WhereIs maps is available for Honda's. I've got a 2009 compliant V6Lux. with V14 and thinking of upgrading...until I contacted Honda and found out they want $499.95 for the upgrade. Hmmm, seems a little steep, especially when V15 for other cars is listed on the 'poweredby.whereis' site for considerably less for other makes of cars. eg.
    Jaguar $295
    Land Rover $249
    Mazda, Lexus, Ford $395.
    You get the idea.
    Problem is, Honda maps are not listed on the sensis site. Contacted Sensis, guess what...quote-"Please speak to the spare parts section of your Honda car dealer for further information regarding map updates for your Honda Accord V6 Luxury model GPS device."
    Yep, and be prepared to pay an additional $100-$200 for speaking to Honda to get what arguably should have been supplied with the car when purchased, or at least offered as an upgrade once the V15 maps were released.
    It is interesting to note that 2009 built Euro's come with the latest V15 as standard, yet not 2009 built Accord V6 Luxury's.
    Rang my spare parts today - it was hinted that a non Honda disc may well work in the unit, perhaps with some Honda specific functionality missing. Hmm, not sure I'm willing to test the theory though.
    Anyone with a 2008/2009 Accord V6L paid the price for the upgrade?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2007
    I checked with the local Honda spare parts regarding an upgrade for 2007 Accord Euro. The guy I spoke to said that version 14 was the latest available . . quoted a price of $549.95, incl. GST!! He suggested checking the Sensis Whereis web site for version 15. Can't see anything listed, but maybe I missed something. It's pretty annoying using version 13. For example you drive down the Calder Freeway in Melbourne and are told to exit at a point where an overpass now exists . . pretty dangerous for the unsuspecting driver.
    Last edited by john_h; 30-09-2009 at 04:01 PM. Reason: spelling

Wow, that's more than they quoted me for V15. Pretty sure though that V15 is available through Honda. Which dealer did you speak to ?

Member Array
    Car:
    Try hard CL9
    Honda Sat Nav DVD's are expensive because there's some extra coding on it that the other discs dont have. The DVD if i'm not mistake has the Software to run the sat nav as well. Just in case you pull ur battery out and need to restore the software. For this reason Honda has decided that they can charge what ever they like for the upgrade. I've got an 08 Euro And still only have the V13 on my car... and its a Copy as well cos if someone breaks into my car i dont want to replace my $549rrp Sat Nav Disc.
    XpLoDiN
    AKA Johnno

[Melb] Team Y.C.D - The Dim Sum Revolution!

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    anyone want to get together and buy it so we can burn it for "back up" purposes?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5
    so you can just simply copy the disk and use it on other cars?

cos my euro came with V15 nav disk

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9 lux navi
    Quote Originally Posted by forensics View Post
    anyone want to get together and buy it so we can burn it for "back up" purposes?
    It's not a right time to buy at moment, especially in melbourne. As you know, the Honda v15 map data (but not software) is same as other cars. My friend has a lexus with "Lexus/Toyota v15 nav". The map does not include most new residential areas such as point cook. It does not have the new M8 extension "western fwy". Also, the new suburb "south wharf" and the new airport citylink entrance on the upgraded M1 was not involved. Anyway, I willing share the expense for next version, or you may want to try the v14 version if your disc earlier than 2008.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9 lux navi
    Quote Originally Posted by honda2 View Post
    Today 31/10/2009 sent of another email to HONDA but they are all dumb shits and they will probably ring and give me a lot of bullshit lies and excuses as usual
    IF EVERYBODY SENDS EMAILS TO HONDA AUSTRALIA "Contact Us at" HEAD OFFICE NOW AND MAKE THEM LISTEN UNITED WE STAND
    DON'T SIT BACK AND WAIT YOU PAID FOR THE NAVIGATION SYSTEM SO YOU WANT UPDATES and at a realistic price

AND YES I AM BLOODY ANGRY

Hi mate. how's going. Just try to demonstrate yourself more expert and professional than them in the talk, and communicate with them little bit toughly. It may improve their working efficiency siightly.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9 lux navi
    Hi all
    Good news at last
    I have just Purchased on the 20/11/2009 from my Ringwood Victoria Dealer,
    My 2008 Honda Accord Euro Luxury Nav. Model CL9 V15 Update
    to suit my System "Mitsubishi Satnav. indash System"
    THE PRODUCT IS AS FOLLOWS
    Whereis Navigation Data
    Australia V15
    Euro (MY 2006 - 2008).
    Accord V6L (MY 2006 - 2007)
    Part No: 39010-SES-L04

Priced at $395.00 Including GST with a $25.00 Promotion Redemtion voucher
    AND IT WORKS ON MY CL9

The price sounds better than 500, but still bit extravagant. Do you mean the Mitsubishi disc can be used on Euro CL9? Ringwood Honda is my dealer too, hope they may offer me the same price.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Luxury V
    I've just purchased (25 Jan 2010) my brand new Honda Accord Luxury V6 VCM though it's 2008 model and it came with Whereis Navigation Data Australia V.14

I complaint back to Sales Department and guess what they will provide me with the new V15 as a free upgrade.

What I will do when I receive it though, I will make a copy and use a copied disc in my car, the original disc I may sell it on eBay ho ho ho ho ho..

I was told that this V15 version will only be compatible with 2008 model I guess it's "mitsubishi" satnav. The "Alpine" satnav is for 2009 model onward

I have no problem to share this disc if anyone want it, however it will be $40 dollars for time spent to copy and post it off to whoever want the version 15.

Don't forget that I haven't got the V15 in my hand as yet LOL !!!!

Lou Perth,

I have a oringinal SAT NAV Version 15 for 09 model accord (Alpine DVD player) however I require a copy of the V15 Mitsubishi SAT NAV DVD player, appreciate a cpoy when you obtain the disk?? no problem with cost.I have a Mel address if required.

Quote Originally Posted by jtoyod View Post
    I've just purchased (25 Jan 2010) my brand new Honda Accord Luxury V6 VCM though it's 2008 model and it came with Whereis Navigation Data Australia V.14

I complaint back to Sales Department and guess what they will provide me with the new V15 as a free upgrade.

What I will do when I receive it though, I will make a copy and use a copied disc in my car, the original disc I may sell it on eBay ho ho ho ho ho..

I was told that this V15 version will only be compatible with 2008 model I guess it's "mitsubishi" satnav. The "Alpine" satnav is for 2009 model onward

I have no problem to share this disc if anyone want it, however it will be $40 dollars for time spent to copy and post it off to whoever want the version 15.

Don't forget that I haven't got the V15 in my hand as yet LOL !!!!

Lou Perth,

Hi I'm interested in a copy of your V15 Sat Nav. disk to suit my Honda Accord V6L "Mitsubishi DVD player Part No: 39010-ses-L04. please advise cost?

Hi all
    Good news at last
    I have just Purchased on the 20/11/2009 from my Ringwood Victoria Dealer,
    My 2008 Honda Accord Euro Luxury Nav. Model CL9 V15 Update
    to suit my System "Mitsubishi Satnav. indash System"
    THE PRODUCT IS AS FOLLOWS
    Whereis Navigation Data
    Australia V15
    Euro (MY 2006 - 2008).
    Accord V6L (MY 2006 - 2007)
    Part No: 39010-SES-L04