Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VTi-S rear wing

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz

VTi-S rear wing

Hi guys,

In the mood to do a couple of minor mods to my car..

I want to remove the rear wing on my 2003 VTi-S and lower it using s-tech Tein springs.

My question is...has anyone removed their rear wing before? I've removed the caps that cover the screws, but have not un-wound the screws out. I'm assuming it will leave a couple of holes, or does it?

Any ideas on how to cover them up? I've seen many people do this type of thing on other cars and they usually plug the hole with rubber cylinders of some sort...

Thanks, Mark.

Ozhonda Subscriber Array
    Car:
    DC5R with a JDM K20A
    Yup it'll leave 5 holes, but you can plug them with almost anything. Most people use these plastic screw shaped items. Forgot what they're called but I got them when I removed my spoiler to put my Mugen one on.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    Mitsubishi Colt TME
    **** off with the advertising

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    01 crv n 06 jazz
    you want to save weight or what? as 2003 wing is big once take away the car look a bit silly

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz
    Quote Originally Posted by M@lew View Post
    Yup it'll leave 5 holes, but you can plug them with almost anything. Most people use these plastic screw shaped items. Forgot what they're called but I got them when I removed my spoiler to put my Mugen one on.
    5 holes? That seems a little strange as there are only 2 bolts..

Am I missing something here?

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz
    Quote Originally Posted by bc143 View Post
    you want to save weight or what? as 2003 wing is big once take away the car look a bit silly
    Saving weight is not really on the agenda..If I wanted to save substantial weight, I'd rather loose some excess weight off my belly!! That will improve the power:weight ratio

I'm after a sleeker wagon look. I think lowering it and just having the skirts on will do this..just after something that will keep me liking the car, without spending big moola. After 5yrs of ownership, owning the same car gets a little boring

By the way, can anyone suggest a source for me to get some s-tech Tein springs? I'm in Sydney. Have had no luck on ebay..

Ozhonda Subscriber Array
    Car:
    DC5R with a JDM K20A
    Quote Originally Posted by 95331140 View Post
    5 holes? That seems a little strange as there are only 2 bolts..

Am I missing something here?
    There should be 3 in the middle that "hold" the wing in place. For the pre-facelift they should just sit in there. (Pretty sure but I have a facelift so can't check my own)

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    01 crv n 06 jazz
    Quote Originally Posted by 95331140 View Post
    Saving weight is not really on the agenda..If I wanted to save substantial weight, I'd rather loose some excess weight off my belly!! That will improve the power:weight ratio

I'm after a sleeker wagon look. I think lowering it and just having the skirts on will do this..just after something that will keep me liking the car, without spending big moola. After 5yrs of ownership, owning the same car gets a little boring

By the way, can anyone suggest a source for me to get some s-tech Tein springs? I'm in Sydney. Have had no luck on ebay..
    try this

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Tein-Basic-Co...3286.m20.l1116

or contact them as they should be the dealer (at least give u idea of how much locally)

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz
    Quote Originally Posted by bc143 View Post
    try this

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Tein-Basic-Co...3286.m20.l1116

or contact them as they should be the dealer (at least give u idea of how much locally)
    Yeah, emailed these guys. They wanted $660 for s-tech Tein springs which seems WAY overpriced considering that other s-tech springs for other cars sell for an average price of $300-$350.

I'd be willing to pay up to $400..$660 is a joke!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Jazz / Evo 8 MR
    i got quoted Tein H-Tech springs for GD3 $450 (5-6 weeks for the delivery time) and Espelir springs for GD3 $360 (5-6 weeks for the delivery time)

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    01 crv n 06 jazz
    i c but it's brand new the cheapest brand new i ever seen was 400 n i got my second hand for 300 n plus the postage it's about the size of 2 mini tower computer n it's not light either so if they sell 660 include(i presume )postage it's ok but of course not cheap
    anyway good luck on bargain hunting n tein is good sup.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz
    Quote Originally Posted by coolstanau View Post
    i got quoted Tein H-Tech springs for GD3 $450 (5-6 weeks for the delivery time) and Espelir springs for GD3 $360 (5-6 weeks for the delivery time)
    $450 for h-tech is great - who is that through? I'm not sure what the difference is though between h-tech and s-tech. Soft/hard?

Never heard of Espelir springs....any good?