Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 Civic

Nissan injectors

Thought i would post it in here since its forced induction related.

Ive been looking for some injectors for my future turbo build. Alot of the AFC 'hackers' use the DSM 450cc, which i believe are equivelant to the GSR 450cc. Finding some GSR injectors would be hard considering there arent many getting around, & there probably used on other cars for 'upgrade injectors' just like ours.

I remember seeing that Turbo CXi Cypher industries did, & they used GTR 444cc. These would be a little easier to acquire, but may be a little higher in price, since they are alot easier to get a hold of, so the market for them would be high & the sellers could up the price.

Now, I was looking around, & stumbled across CA18DET injectors. 370cc, top feed, low impedence, so a resistor box/resistors will still be needed to run these injectors. Though, these injectors would be a helluva lot easier to find considering most CA18 people upgrade to bigger injectors (the GTR injectors).

However, im uncertain whether these injectors will fit our fuel rail. I know the GTRs do, but im not sure if they require a bit of work to get them to fit. Ive only seen a pic of CA18 injectors, will try to find more so i can compare them to a honda injector.

& remember, these will be used on a stock block turbo setup, So im sure these injectors will be able to cope with 200whp & under...

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM EG Built B16a2 Turbo
    I would say the CA injectors will cope with 150-160kw (8-10psi) but any more you would need something a little bigger. They might need some customizing to the fuel rail to fit and also to the block...dont you think it would be easier to find some B series injectors. Maybe some second hand ones on here.

I guess anythings possible but to me it sounds like alot of hassle. After buying the injectors second hand and then customizing everything to fit it will cost around $250. 450cc RC injectors are like $400 or so. I got 650cc's on here for $350 second hand.
    Fastfwd Photoshoot cover pic Click here!

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic 97
    hey man the CA injectors are the same as the GTR ones they drop in, and they would be a waste of time when you can get better injectors for less.

the GTR injectors you can pick up for $250-300 for 4

another alternative is the EVO or VR4 injectos they can fit and go up to 590cc i think for the evo 8 i cant remember and are pretty cheap about 400-500

but prices are pretty cheap atm so you can get some new RC's or anther band pretty cheap so why not by new ones but if you were getting some cheap go the GTR ones
    WOULD YOU LIKE SOME FRONT BAR WITH YOUR FRONT MOUNT

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 Civic
    CA18DET injectors - $100 - $150 there's my reason

Evo - 0-IV 510cc, V onwards 560cc low imp
    GSR - 390cc low imp
    VR4 - 450cc low imp

VR4s would be hard to find, & not cheap. Evos would have a large market so sellers could sell for more. GSR, not sure of. Ive also confirmed that toyota 7MGTE injectors are 440cc, top feed low imp.

the CA injectors should manage my power figure with ease. I have seen alot of CA injectors for sale for cheap, because no one wants them...

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic 97
    yeah thats true i but its always better to have a litte head room, my mate is selling his EVO2 injectors if you want me to ask him how much?

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    i beleive you need to run a resistor box with those injectors.
    Its just easier to get the right ones the first time, save stuffing around trying to diagnoise your issues later
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Member Array
    Car:
    GT-R N1 & EVO7
    Quite a few injector sets get sold quite cheaply on SAU due to the fact that GT-R owners wish to upgrade to Stage 1 or higher with SARDs etc.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic 97
    ^^ as above they are pretty cheap for GTR ones i have seen them for even 250 for 4

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by Limbo View Post
    i beleive you need to run a resistor box with those injectors.
    Its just easier to get the right ones the first time, save stuffing around trying to diagnoise your issues later
    Quote Originally Posted by VTECnique View Post
    CA18DET injectors. 370cc, top feed, low impedence, so a resistor box/resistors will still be needed to run these injectors.
    I have no plans to forge the motor, Im staying stock block, cant go past 200whp so the CA18 injectors should cope quite well with that kinda power. Now, if i were to forge motor later, then i would grab 450s now instead of the 370s...

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry_GT-R34 View Post
    Quite a few injector sets get sold quite cheaply on SAU due to the fact that GT-R owners wish to upgrade to Stage 1 or higher with SARDs etc.
    Yeah, but sellers know there's quite a big market for them considering they can be used with other motors for 'upgrade' injectors, so they can still put a higher price tag on them...

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    from memory the rubber thing that seals the injector to the rail is a different size... BUT i'm fairly confident they'll just plug into the honda rubber seal but if not you'd have to source those coz the width difference looked minute.

but your right about the price because i sold a ultrasonically cleaned set from my old sr20 build 3yrs ago for $100 and your price range is spot on if you search the FS section of exaclub or pulsar group.

BUT in saying that keep your eyes peeled for auctioned RC injectors from eBay USA... i''ve seent hem sell for under US$200 so just a matter of paying shipping or asking the seller if he's willing to ship to Aus even if you have to offer to pay a bit more.

FYI as well (Boosted Nissan Standards), the following Nissan injectors are capable of the following safely.
    370 cc (Purple) @ 4 bar fuel pressure = 290 WHP
    444 cc (Brown) @ 4 bar fuel pressure = 345 WHP
    Last edited by dsp26; 27-08-2009 at 05:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow96GSR
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 Civic
    Awesome info dsp26, but you also have to factor in that honda stock fpr's only allow for 38-39psi of fuel pressure. I wouldnt raise the fuel pressure any higher than 3bar (45psi) with an adj. fpr, but with that type of pressure with the 370s, should still be well above my power goal...

I know with the DSM 450cc injectors, since the injector is a little thicker than factory honda bottom seal, alot of the d-guys just use the stock seal & 'press' the DSM injector into them while bolting down the fuel rail. May be the same with the CA18 injectors...