Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type R

ed 1989 twin carb reving hard and overheating

since i've changed the radiator... few weeks after that, the car would start nice in the morning when cold and it would drive good too. Temp will stay at the bottom/cold for 5 minz and then idling will slowly starting to rise 2-3 even 4000rpms and temp will be in the red then after while temp drops suddenly to normal and revs would come down few minz after that. that woud happen few times over in a day. I've changed thermostat plus spurk plugs and cables while i was at it. It was ok for few day and happens again but now it doesnt change :S. Im losing water/coolant. Can't find leaks, there wont be any coolant under the car under the car. I was hoping that it will die soon so i can do conversion but it choose wrong time :S. ANY EASY FIXES ??

And plus is there any good write up on the ed conversion with b18c/b18c2 engines. Coz if something blowz soon i'll have to act quickly.

Thanx

Member Array
    Car:
    EG4
    just guess~ is it water pump??

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    well for a b serries conversion youll need to do a full efi conversion
    to see all of my build, checkout

I know of a B16A EF9 halfcut on its way to Sydney, which would give you everything you need (mounts, loom, ECU, box and engine) but for now, I would be looking at what could be blocking water flow, check the water pump, it sounds like a good cause of the issue, but more importantly, who fixed/replaced the radiator? maybe its blocked, which would give you the problems, get it to a radiator palce and get it all flushed.
    Cheers
    Tseesinngwailo
    Every Day You Don't Practice, Is A Day You Get Worse
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

There's fuel components that you'll need that wont be in a half cut.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R>AH>EK>DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Sp33~ View Post
    There's fuel components that you'll need that wont be in a half cut.
    No but with a bit of love, care and a few slabs of Beer I'm sure Peter and Chris could sought out a Fuel Injected tank (take note in Peter's build thread)
    SPAMMAPS
    Carburettor|Nation

that mikey G guy is the biggest shit talker ive ever met..
    in the space of 15minutes he sold two sets of wheels. claims a guy under the username DNT-CRY bought them!

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic ED Sedan
    Hai mate whos doing the engine conversion?? or u thinking of doing ur self?

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type R
    i'll have to check the water pump.. i changed the radiator and it was fine first few days :S. Whats the chance of blown head gasket coz im losing water a lot? when i fill up the radiator car runs fine for hour or 2 till runs out of water i guess and then it goes spastic. At the moment im driving it only to work if i have to till i get my another car from the panel beater and then i can start conversion. Plus i need to sell that ek coupe that i'll post in for sale section so i can start buying parts. As for conversion.. i'm very keen of doing b18c2 conversion and then turbocharging it. I've read here about that b18a conversion. Are the blocks the same and wat parts of dc2 can i use coz i will be getting the car from the auctions (smashed). I'll post the pics soon of my starting point.
    As fir the tank... oh... i have 4 door model , so i guess that will limit me on the experienced people search.
    Yeah so for the tank i'll need one of the ef9 sedan or there are other models that i can use the tank off? What else goes with that ... fuel lines... fuel pump.... that needs upgrade?
    Suspension ... can i still use parts as the ones used on the hatches or i'll have to find them somewhere else.

Anyways i have main question that needs to be answered and that is . If i have dc2 VTI-R wat can i use from it and wat will i need to get from the other cars. And i will be buying ha sport mounts and uprated drive shafts coz i'll be aiming 200kw plus with turbo and LSD

thanx all

"I'LL TRY TO DO AS MUCH AS I CAN MY SELF"