DC2R radiator into EG2 Del Sol

Ive got a stock b16a with a cooked radiator

Anyone know if a b18c radiator with hoses will fit in place of my current one?

Member Array
    Car:
    eg h22, odyssey
    you will have to modify the radiator brackets to fit the dc2 radiator.

Is it only basic modification or will i have to go see a mechanic to get it done right? I tried looking for a DIY on this but nothing came up, thanks for the reply

Quote Originally Posted by supaaa View Post
    Is it only basic modification or will i have to go see a mechanic to get it done right? I tried looking for a DIY on this but nothing came up, thanks for the reply
    for one , the Del Sol has a single width radiator and AC radiator , both in line where the standard DC2 radiator would fit directly across. To fit the DC2 , you would either have to remove/relocate the AC cooler and weld up some mounts for the DC2. It would not be worth while.

Just get a replacement radiator , to suit a B series EG/EK civic or Del sol

Yea picking up a replacement sounds like alot less hassle after reading that, is a honda dealer the best place to get one ordered in or should i just shop around ebay for one?

Member Array
    Car:
    eg h22, odyssey
    honda will charge an arm and a leg for a new one.

With some of the cheap ebay stuff, just beware they might leak in the future.

Mishimoto, koya, fluidyne etc is ok.

But if you dont want to spend the money, then look for a second hand one.

Quote Originally Posted by supaaa View Post
    Yea picking up a replacement sounds like alot less hassle after reading that, is a honda dealer the best place to get one ordered in or should i just shop around ebay for one?

VTEC = Say My Name!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG Si Hatchi
    where are you located dude? in my opinion dont spend hundreds of dollars on a alloy radiator that is going to a stock motor. if the engine is worked then yes go for the alloy radiator.
    [h=Massive EG6/DC2 Part Out (majority brand new)
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...y-brand-new%29]2[/h]

My engine is eventually going to be worked so its probably best to get the one from JDMYard, i hate doing things twice.

Thanks for the info guys

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    yep bennjamin is spot on coz i tried it.. doesn't exactly fit easily... you'd have to use all other dc2/4 equivalent bits in the area too...

ended up opting for those no brand full aluminium dual cores from ebay for like $160 delivered.. worked a treat except they sent me the D-series one with the smaller rad hose plugs. was an easy fix though, ended up getting thin hose the right size, cut it to length and put it on then put your standard bigger hose over it.

I remember Limbo just got his cut and welded though... but still works out cheaper

depending on what you mean by 'fried' on your oem radiator.. keep in mind that replacing top and bottom tanks are $180+ and an oem Honda rad is $400+ from dealer. welding holes in the fins are a lot cheaper than replacing end tanks depending on size and quantity to weld
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow96GSR
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.