Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury

Best spark plugs for CL9 Accord Euro (2003)

What brand/model does everyone recommend for a spark plug? Bosch fusions are on special from Super Cheap (4 for $79) however i'm lead to believe that NGK irdiums are the perfect replacement?

Also does anyone know what has to be done for the 100,000km and 120,000km services? Honda reckons that the manual transmission oil is replaced at the 120 mark but the cd manual thing I bought from ebay (by the way is awesome) says 100,000km mark.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY05 WRX WRP10
    Get the NGK Iridiums , thats what i used and i replaced them at 100ks, i paid $78 for 4 from Gibbos auto spares

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    NGK Iridiums come with the car as STOCK. You can use NGK iridium or Denso iridium.
    NGK's part number is IZFR6K11. Denso's part number is SKJ20DRM11.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    NGK have two types of iridium spark plug the one to look for are the 'Laser' ones which come with the euro from the factory or just by the part number as stated by Aaron

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Accord Euro
    I'm doing my gearbox now at 80k and I believe that's way too long, now that I own the car, the box oil will be done every 40k.. Gonna get them to check the plugs too and replace if needed, I did the iridium plugs on the Subaru every 50k

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by xxb4xx View Post
    I'm doing my gearbox now at 80k and I believe that's way too long, now that I own the car, the box oil will be done every 40k.. Gonna get them to check the plugs too and replace if needed, I did the iridium plugs on the Subaru every 50k
    I agree with the gearbox every 40k. I do mine every 2 years, which is about 40k. As for the plugs, I bought a spare set at 60k and inspected the original ones. There was no wear and no problems, so I left them in there until 80k. I'm on the new set now and I can feel zero difference, which means the original set were still not worn out at 80k eventhough I had been to a few trackdays.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Accord Euro
    So the Honda is friendly to the plugs ay? Maybe cause subarus to this day are never tuned properly to run aus fuel, they are all tuned rich, and foul plugs I guess!

Do you notice a good difference on these box's with new fluid? Mind feels a tiny bit notchy these days.. But then again it's original 2004 oil!

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by xxb4xx View Post
    So the Honda is friendly to the plugs ay? Maybe cause subarus to this day are never tuned properly to run aus fuel, they are all tuned rich, and foul plugs I guess!

Do you notice a good difference on these box's with new fluid? Mind feels a tiny bit notchy these days.. But then again it's original 2004 oil!
    I change mine every 2 years. Helps with the notchy 2nd gear.

Member Array
    Car:
    RA109 / BGP001
    what plugs can i use if i want to try to reduce or possibly eliminate the noise that the stock ones make ?

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by hooyn View Post
    what plugs can i use if i want to try to reduce or possibly eliminate the noise that the stock ones make ?
    I think the noise you're talking about comes from the injectors.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by hooyn View Post
    Plugs don't make noise. They start explosions..... Good explosions...

Member Array
    Car:
    RA109 / BGP001
    lol yeah i was thinking about it yesterday and hurrr durrrrrrrrr