Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Accord Euro ipod adaptor

Hi All

I am designing an adaptor to connect an ipod to a stock euro radio.

Has anyone swapped out their stock radio and can lend it to me for bench testing.

My design will be made available to ozhonda members when complete.

Thanks
    Guys

Ozhonda Subscriber Array
    Car:
    RX450h / RB3
    I dont think anyone has ever swapped the OEM deck with aftermarket one BUT they are plenty of ppl add an extra player / DVD / monitor to their car but still keep the OEM unit

why don't you just take out yours one ? at least if you damaged it, its yours . . .

The design of a complex adaptor such as this will take some months so I don't want to run around with no radio in my car for that time.

I read on some US forums that people were swapping out their stock radios.

If someone had one sitting around not being used it would be a better option.

Guess I will have to buy one from a wrecker.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    why would you bother when there is an adaptor already on the market, seem pointless to me dont you think?
    Albert Einstein Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.

Put your location in your profile, makes referring help easier!

I havent seen any euro running around without the stock unit in any gatherings.....

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2004 Accord Euro

IPOD connector REQ

Hey Guys I'm new to this forum not sure how all this works, however i have a question if someone could help me that would be great.

I have been researching the internet but nothing has been clear on exactly what i need, I have a 2004 Honda Accord Euro and an Ipod Touch (Latest Gen) and would like it to be hardwired to the stock radio. Which is the most cost effective adapter to do this and where can i get it from?

Thanks guys...

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Limited Edition
    xcarlink or just ebay accord euro ipod.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2004 Accord Euro
    Thanks guys i'll give ebay a go...

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    I just want to know, If someone rings me while my Iphone 3gs is connected to my xcarlink (ipod), will their voice come through the speakers in the car?

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    Try hard CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by npcan2 View Post
    I just want to know, If someone rings me while my Iphone 3gs is connected to my xcarlink (ipod), will their voice come through the speakers in the car?

Cheers
    No this is not the case. The way that it works it totally different then what you guys are thinking... The only way that the voice will come through ur car is that if its pluged into the Stereo Jack of the phone. Not the Dock connector. It will then still use the phone's Mic and use ur speakers as the Speakers.
    XpLoDiN
    AKA Johnno

[Melb] Team Y.C.D - The Dim Sum Revolution!