Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Camira
    i want to get ITR or CTR cams in my civic b16... dont know if its justifiable and would i notice the difference... and if i do get it are cams and valve springs enough?
    Club EM1 Represents - member 01 of 01

Yep, you will definitely notice a difference, especially once you have tuned it properly. What other mods do you have?

I'd go the CTR cams as they are more agressive than the ITR's.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Camira
    i only have I/H/E... and bodgey too.. hahah the rest a suspension setup..
    heard that tyhe oz ITR is same as the jap CTR cams... its only the older ITR ones which are less agressive or somthing like that..

The overrall gain is like 4 kw's or somehting i think i read on clubsi.... u reckon it is true?

Member Array
    Car:
    450kwCRX-DC2R-CBR600rr
    if you can source the cam's at a good price then great, the only thing I would consider with more aggressive cams is duel springs to help protect your head, the other option is to look at custom ground cams or after market cams.

Of corse along with your new cams you will need a new ECU that allows you to control air fuel ratio / ignition and vtec cross over point as the whole dynamic way your engine works will change.

Regards James

Quote Originally Posted by BLKCRX
    if you can source the cam's at a good price then great, the only thing I would consider with more aggressive cams is duel springs to help protect your head, the other option is to look at custom ground cams or after market cams.

Of corse along with your new cams you will need a new ECU that allows you to control air fuel ratio / ignition and vtec cross over point as the whole dynamic way your engine works will change.

Regards James
    that is correct...even so the tuner will inevitably have an effect on the total behavious of the car...

I would suggest going aftermarket Eg TODA etc

cheers

i would recomend a set of TODA A's or even B's if you are really keen!

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Camira
    yeah i was planning for maybe spec a toda As so i could still keep my power ban under 8k rpms... and not rev it out beyond the lands of the 9 thousand....

proabably get valve springs from ITR or aftermarket ones.. probabaly not retainers too...
    and for ecu.. probably get a JUN chip(untunable)...

see where life takes me..

good forum boys.. ill keep the posts running

Quote Originally Posted by BlitZ
    yeah i was planning for maybe spec a toda As so i could still keep my power ban under 8k rpms... and not rev it out beyond the lands of the 9 thousand....

proabably get valve springs from ITR or aftermarket ones.. probabaly not retainers too...
    and for ecu.. probably get a JUN chip(untunable)...

see where life takes me..

good forum boys.. ill keep the posts running
    I would HIGHLY recommend that you get TODA springs to match the A's or above spec cams...the TODA springs are stiffer than the DC2R ones...

I would get retainers too...if you have issues I would consult with adrian aka TODA RACING AUSTRALIA

cheers

Member Array
    Does anyone know if Civic Type R camshaft's & spring's would be suitable on a set-up that has no aftermarket programmable management (E.C.U), only a piggyback?

Quote Originally Posted by INFLYT
    Does anyone know if Civic Type R camshaft's & spring's would be suitable on a set-up that has no aftermarket programmable management (E.C.U), only a piggyback?
    you could get away with a VTEC and fuel piggy...EG Apexi VAFC as far as i know they have the VAFC 2 out...

cheers

Member Array
    skunk2 also make some very good cams for the B series and D series.

www.skunk2.com

you'll definitely need to adjust your fuel management due to the increase in fuel and air demand with the new cams. if you can get a B16B head, then good luck, they are as rare as duck's nuts!