how to repair and how to respray with air compressor

just wondering, when a part of a car has a massive crack, like a rear bar with a tear down to half way, how do you repair this?

and when respraying with the air compressor, how do you go about it?

i get all the sanding n all, but when it comes to primer, do they have it in a tin you can use for the gun? or do you spray it with the can?

and for the painting, is it the same method? paint then clear? ive heard people mixing the clear coat with the color coded paint, does this work?

what gives the best/shiniest result
    FS: BMW E60 04' 530i

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    primer comes in tin can so you can use it with air gun.
    yes same method for painting afaik (acrylic)
    never heard of it.
    sanding gives the best results. primer-sand=paint-sand-clear-sand/buff
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    theres a method for repairing plastic bumpers.. it's called "plastic welding".. quite a tricky process that smash repairers won't even bother doing when repairing a

i'll admit i tried to replicate this with a soldering iron once and i failed miserably... something you leave to the pros...
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow96GSR
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.