Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bushes problem

Member Array
    Car:
    EG

Unhappy Bushes problem

Hey guys figured i'd throw this in the technical side of the forum because im getting very frustrated. The bush on my lower control arm on the righthand front side (i think its called the outer bush) is worn down and i need to replace it, but i have not found a single place who sells just the bushes, even Honda is telling me i have to replace the entire control arm. Does anyone have any ideas on whether or not i can actually GET those bushes? Or would i be better off just replacing the arm? Thanks in advance

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 DC2R
    energy suspension sells those bushes but make sure u get the 99-00 civic si bushes coz if u get the normal 96-00 civic bushes they wont fit as US civic have a differnt front lca design

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    Hmm are you sure they will fit on a audm EK4 98 model?

EDIT: https://pontiworld.com.au/energysusp...80f0429315fd6b <<< Anyone know if those will cover the outer bush on the lower control arm?
    Last edited by Temp3st; 31-08-2009 at 06:01 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 DC2R
    by the outer bush u mean the 1 that the shock fork connects to yea? that link u posted contains the bush, but it wont fit coz US model EK civic have a 2 piece cast lca, except for the 99 si which has the 1 piece stamped lca the same as audm and jdm civics.

i bought the 96-00 set b4 and after comparing and searching on the net, its not the same. ive now got the 99-00 si bushes and compared them, they are what you need.

if u wana get the parts individually try here
    http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 DC2R
    ps im running ek4 lca's

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    http://www.superhonda.com/photopost/...badbushing.JPG <<< thats the bastard i need, but thanks to my mate i now have some idea of where to go! And you of course Killa you're being a great help too man thank you so much

Member Array
    Car:
    green whip!
    energy suspension does do poly ones
    but if you want hard rubber ones try hardrace ones instead
    i'm using them at the moment, fit like oem

You can buy every bush separate from honda, dont know why they are saying you cant. i work at honda in melb and you can get it all separate i just replaced control arm bushes on dc2r the other day and they came separate.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    Well then the people up here are retarded because thats what they told me, and im running out of options because i live in Hervey Bay its a small town and no one here sells em!

call them again and tell them what i told you, sucks when you get the wrong info, maybe you just spoke to the wrong person, there would be more than one honda dealer in brisbane give some one else a call....

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9
    try the parts dept. at southside honda in brisbane, I've always found them to be very helpful, even describing the part i need over the phone.

> i work at honda in melb and you can get it all separate

Part numbers & prices, please.

AFAIK, need to buy whole control arm.

Trailing arm bush might be the exception.

Nick.