Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bushes problem

Member Array
    Car:
    99 EKC7
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp3st View Post
    If you're willing to help me intk20A I'm willing to wait man. Lol a DC2 AND an EK lucky bastard! Just remember EK1 and EK4 Control arms are different. Though i dont doubt you already know that lol just making sure.

EDIT: Vinny where did you buy the full hardrace kit for your ek4? Because im starting to think apart from buying brand new control arms that might be my best choice!

hey man it will get sorted out.. i can get a hold of a press so we can save some $$$$$$$$.. i gotta do my trailing arm bushes.. but im a bit ifffy bout the way i have to press the outer shell the press the bush... grrrrr
    Last edited by big tone; 08-09-2009 at 09:48 AM. Reason: miss type

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    Lol sup tony yeah atm im just trying to see if i can get my hands on any set of bushes really i dont care if its a master set anymore because its going to still save me about 500$

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 DC2R
    dc2r and ek front lca bushes are not the same.

ek1 and ek4 bushes are the same, the only difference between the control arms is the welded piece of metal on it to mount the swaybar endlink

and becareful when buying EK bushes from the US because their ek's have a different lca design. get bushes from the 99-00 si model, which has the 1 piece stamped lca like ours.

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 DC2R
    if ur after a quick fix, get energy suspension front shock bushing 16.8111

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    Thanks Killa, how is that a quick fix though? I mean it seems to be what i need?

EDIT: Wait does that mean i can use EK1 bushes or not?

Member Array
    Car:
    99 EKC7
    all you need is the outer bush on the lca (lower control arm) not the lca itself..... but yes id get both left and right hand and also inner and outer......

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp3st View Post
    Thanks Killa, how is that a quick fix though? I mean it seems to be what i need?

EDIT: Wait does that mean i can use EK1 bushes or not?
    a quick fix as in just get that 1 cheap bush from energy susp rather than a whole new lca form honda. yes u can use ek1 bushes. jdm/audm ek1/ek4/ek9 front lcas use the same bush. usdm ek's are different

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    Well i found them at autobarn, after i had already been there twice! 138 dollars is better than the arms thats for sure! Now i hope they are the right ones haha >< Thanks to everyone for their help!

hey, where did you get the bushes replaced and how much did it cost you?

or did you DIY?

thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by vinnY View Post
    try and track down some hardrace bush sets
    i got a set in my car and it's great
    good value for money
    all hard rubber instead of urethane type stuff

Member Array
    Car:
    green whip!
    mostly diy, front lca's had to go to the shop because my press just couldn't do it
    got my set off someone off here

> If anyone knows if the dc2r bushes can go into my EK4

AFAIK ITR suspension is like EG suspension.

Nick.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    K well Yonas has a pair of arms with new bushes in them for me, so im buying them for a really good price and i hope they will fit! Even if the arms themselves are old i can always just pop the bushes out and put them in my lcas cant i?