Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    It should be a straight swap, the 2003 lights just have the chrome ring on the inside, should still be using the same plugs and everything.
    FYS

My fake shit rocks!
    Winton 1:35.4
    Wakefield 1:07.87

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 S2000 and 94 prelude
    how much did the lights cost you? they look so much better

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000 ap1
    reviving this thread...

the ap2 tail lights that I got unfortunately did not come with bulbs or gaskets, from what I've read it seems like you can stick the ap1 bulbs into the ap2 tail lamp... but in terms of gaskets do I need to get them from honda or should I just get the installation kit from hardtop guy... i.e. is it worth the money?

Member Array
    Car:
    1999 s2000
    get a price from honda... otherwise just get the kit for htguy... gives you all the looms and wiring as well... although shipping might take a while...

ap1 bulbs fit ap2.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000 ap1
    yeah apparently the gaskets are $25 from honda so I think that's the go considering all up the kit from htguy is $200

wow awesome write up!!! gonna look for a set of ap2 lights and will do the same!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    AP1 S2000 in GPW
    A BIG THANK YOU to the original poster for a very helpful and detailed how-to! I just made the conversion today, looks great and found very little problems, thanks to this thread.

The only thing I would add: When you align the gasket to the body and draw the parts you have to cut, make sure that you cut all the marks (and maybe just a little more) .. otherwise you will have to keep trimming and re-fitting ..

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 s2000
    A bit of a bump, but...

This thread was awesome thanks paul!

Took a while but eventually got it done.

And I finally understand why all of you say you'll never, ever do this install again.

And it was hard work with an angle grinder!

Member Array
    Car:
    YA!HONDA!
    hahaha YEA 100% not doing this ever again. does everyone rear light line up nice and flush? i cut the holes abit bigger but seem they dont line up still =s
    EG4>CBR250RR>EM1>GOLF>AP1

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 S2000 and 94 prelude
    Id love it if somebody would be willing to help me install mine Ive had them sitting in my bedroom for at least 6 months now

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 s2000
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJohn View Post
    hahaha YEA 100% not doing this ever again. does everyone rear light line up nice and flush? i cut the holes abit bigger but seem they dont line up still =s
    Mine are flush, had a bit of trouble with the passenger's side. Problem ended up being the 2 new holes I drilled for the studs being a little misplaced - I widened them with the drill and managed to make the light line up properly.

Jamie I'd love to help but it's such a b*tch of an install that I really don't want to lol! If you have the right tools (airsaw and compressor) it'd be almost too easy.

Member Array
    Car:
    1999 s2000
    no worries guys. everyone's gone ap2 crazy.