Member Array
    Car:
    2007 Euro/2008 Civic

[CL9] Euro ECU reset

It has been mentioned the ECU can be reset be disconnecting the negative terminal from the battery. It has also been mentioned that this can also be done by removing a fuse. Can any one tell me which fuse this is?
    Last edited by unity; 01-09-2009 at 11:06 PM.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    The ECU fuse in your engine bay fuse box. Diagram of the fuse location is under the fuse box cover.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 Euro/2008 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    The ECU fuse in your engine bay fuse box. Diagram of the fuse location is under the fuse box cover.
    Is it number 8 thats described as FI ECU (ECM/PCM)? In other threads people have mentioned it's a back up fuse but there are 2 back up fuses.
    Last edited by unity; 01-09-2009 at 11:16 PM.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by unity View Post
    Is it number 8 thats described as FI ECU (ECM/PCM)? In other threads people have mentioned it's a back up fuse but there are 2 back up fuses.
    I believe you have either fuse 2, 19 or 23 in the underdash fuse box as well. Why are you trying to pull the fuse? Resetting the ECU does nothing other than remove the short and long term fuel trims.

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 Euro/2008 Civic
    I believe you have either fuse 2, 19 or 23 in the underdash fuse box as well. Why are you trying to pull the fuse? Resetting the ECU does nothing other than remove the short and long term fuel trims.
    Going to the country next weekend and will do a bit of spirited driving. Just want to see how the car peforms afterwards. The car has never been pushed hard after previous ECU resets. So is fuse number 8 under the bonnet the right fuse to remove?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Going to the country next weekend and will do a bit of spirited driving. Just want to see how the car peforms afterwards. The car has never been pushed hard after previous ECU resets. So is fuse number 8 under the bonnet the right fuse to remove?
    Won't make a difference in performance under full throttle I reckon. Only makes a difference at part and light throttle. Pull 8 under the hood and pull the other that I mentioned under the dash. Don't hold me liable if the car does not start after that because one of those is shared with the immobiliser.

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 Euro/2008 Civic
    Won't make a difference in performance under full throttle I reckon. Only makes a difference at part and light throttle.
    That's exactly what I want. Most of my driving is i the suburbs so don't get the chance to floor my car. A bit more responsiveness under light throttle would be welcomed.

I don't think I'll try this method if it will interfere with the immobilizer.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    That's exactly what I want. Most of my driving is i the suburbs so don't get the chance to floor my car. A bit more responsiveness under light throttle would be welcomed.

I don't think I'll try this method if it will interfere with the immobilizer.
    I believe you lose responsiveness when you reset the ECU, because it has to reoptimise from the base map. People usually reset the ECU to diagnose a problem or after being forced to run on a tank of shitty fuel. But probably best for you to try it out yourself.

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 Euro/2008 Civic
    I believe you lose responsiveness when you reset the ECU, because it has to reoptimise from the base map. People usually reset the ECU to diagnose a problem or after being forced to run on a tank of shitty fuel. But probably best for you to try it out yourself.
    In my case there is definitely and improvemnt and I've noticed this the 2 or 3 times after the dealer has reset my idle. Then gradually as my car begins to get bogged down in traffic then it grdually looses its edge.

There are heaps of theads on the internet on this issue concerning all makes of cars. Its amazing how common it is for people to reset the ECU to get some performance back.

For example here is a Lexus thread where there is a poll asking people how often they resut their ECU. As the poll shows there are a small percentage of people that reset the ECU once a week. I would never do it that often.

This is the thread I'm referring to : http://www.clublexus.com/forums/perf...-your-ecu.html

But there are many, many others.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]

"Soft" reset?

Sorry to revive an ancient thread.. But I haave found the following from another forums on a 'non-invasive' way to resetting the ECU, i wonder if it works with the Aussie CL9 since the below is for the Acura TSX (same car)

turn the key to the second position make sure everything is off like radio ac and so on... take it out put it back in and then again to the second position and press the gas pedal for like 30 seconds... i do it for a minute just to make sure. Then simply turn of take the key out put it in and turn the car on and there you go
    or in more detail:

Originally Posted by aty06tl

02-01-2007, 3:55 PM
    aty06tl

Post #11

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

I got this from another forum and it works for a lot of people including me.

The Throttle is "Drive By Wire" and adapts to your particular driving
    style. Do a TBA Throttle body adaptation.

1. Get in your car, it doesn't matter if you close the door or not.

2. Turn the key to the on (not start) position, the position just before the starter
    turns over.

3. Press the gas pedal to the floor with the key in the "on" position.

4. Hold the pedal to the floor for five seconds, then turn the key back
    to the "off" position (don't remove the key), then release the gas
    pedal.

5. Wait 2 mins. for a full alignment.

6. Drive the car as you always do.

Depending on your driving style, this may or may not be a big factor. I do a lot of city driving so
    I noticed a big change after erasing my history. It is not hard to do this, just follow the instructions -

Key on, pedal down, 5 sec, key off pedal up, wait 2
    minutes.

Keep the key in for the entire thing.

Seems to work on mine.