Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    seebik

Why would I buy a Civic?

I love civic, this is my first choice for my new purchase...but the question is why would I buy a Civic when some of its competitor like the VRX Sportback Lancer or the Impreza has more options and features than the civic? and its cost almost the same, maybe because the re-sale value?
    Fuel consumption is not much a difference

ive seen a VRX Sportback around 32kish.and the VTIL is almost the same price...but if you look at the specs, the VRX is a sure winner..18" rims, 2.4L, 7Airbags,6sp CVT with paddle shifter etc..

but at the end of the day im still leaning towards the civic...and i dont know why..

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Mitsubishi's are not built to the same calibre as Honda, their panels are dodge and I would bet anthing their electrics in that paddle shifter like an alfa will leave you stranded and looking at over 6k to replace after the warranty expires...

But in saying that, there's very very few new cars I would buy, Subaru's are another story tho apart from that new Impreza, I swear the Japs are slowly going blind in the styling dept, biggest turd of a car to look at handles well tho
    WTB: EK oem JDM Visors

I love J-Cups

Member Array
    Car:
    E92 M3
    Build quality = Honda

Reliability = Honda

interior/exterior design = Honda

Features = Mitsu

Honda>Mitsu

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    Build Quality, Reliability, Resale Value, & the Civic is more economical by a fair margin. Long term the Civic will hold together much better.

Quote Originally Posted by EK1.6LCIV View Post
    Mitsubishi's are not built to the same calibre as Honda, their panels are dodge and I would bet anthing their electrics in that paddle shifter like an alfa will leave you stranded and looking at over 6k to replace after the warranty expires...
    they have 10 year warranty on gearbox and motor and 5 years on entire vehicle and have 5 years roadside assistance....

making stuff up hey?

Member Array
    Car:
    E92 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by JumboJetter View Post
    they have 10 year warranty on gearbox and motor and 5 years on entire vehicle and have 5 years roadside assistance....

making stuff up hey?
    with the way mitsu deal with its customers, good luck in making a warranty claim with them.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1, Impreza, GE6
    because ur a honda fanboy...thats why ud get a honda civic

Member Array
    Car:
    seebik
    correct me if im wrong but the Civic is built from Thailand and the lancer is from Japan..

they have 10 year warranty on gearbox and motor and 5 years on entire vehicle and have 5 years roadside assistance..
    if thats the case..do i need to worry in 5 yrs time?..im not gonna keep any car more than 5yrs anyway..

interior/exterior design = Honda
    exterior wise(out from the factory)..ill take the VRX Sportback.

my best friend has a lancer sportback non vrx and loves it.

he got a sunroof too. gunmetal grey

Member Array
    Car:
    E92 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by fitme View Post
    .ill take the VRX Sportback.
    nice, seems like u have made your choice. Seeya!

from my personal experience with the FD

the built quality isn't what it can be, back in the 90's where they're still tight after 10 years.. the current thai built FD's are average, as I own both FD1 and FD2. Both cars have cost me significant amount of time getting them to service and get parts replaced under warranty.

I am fairly disappointed with my decision with the FD, as a few mates of mine who owns FD's also have to put up with the trouble their cars have caused them.

However, the after sales service that Honda Australia provide is very good. That is if your car is under warranty still. All labour and parts were covered under warranty when I got them rectified. So, what happens after warranty, that'll be money out of your own pocket.

Again, this is from my personal experience, and only from the 2 cars that I own. Any other FD's may not have so much trouble as mine. No car is perfect.

Member Array
    Car:
    seebik
    Again, this is from my personal experience, and only from the 2 cars that I own. Any other FD's may not have so much trouble as mine. No car is perfect.
    so can you say that whatever manufacturer, there will be still an issue on warranties and reliabilities....?

So if you were to choose...which of the two (VRX Sportback or VTIL)?

damn i dont want to see a white civic anymore...its getting complicated..lol