Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Civic type R?

Like the sound of FD2R possibilty ))

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_will View Post
    lol after school.
    haha yea had nothing to do so went and had a look

yea december aint too far away .
    dont think i'll be modding any cars. i seriously know nothing about anything..
    me and a friend plan on learning how an engine works on an old R33 GTS-T s2
    should be fun

wait..i kinda dont understand..the fd2r isnt that much better than an fn2r is it?
    i rkn the fn2r has a way more unique look, even though it doesnt look like a hardcore bruiser it does have an aggresive stance..the fd2r looks way to similar to the normal civics. i'd rather a sport over an f2dr ..cause call me crazy but what the hell are you going to do with so much power?
    i dont find losing my licence particulary cool :/

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    Civic Type R (FN2R)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivenscyr View Post
    haha yea had nothing to do so went and had a look

yea december aint too far away .
    dont think i'll be modding any cars. i seriously know nothing about anything..
    me and a friend plan on learning how an engine works on an old R33 GTS-T s2
    should be fun

wait..i kinda dont understand..the fd2r isnt that much better than an fn2r is it?
    i rkn the fn2r has a way more unique look, even though it doesnt look like a hardcore bruiser it does have an aggresive stance..the fd2r looks way to similar to the normal civics. i'd rather a sport over an f2dr ..cause call me crazy but what the hell are you going to do with so much power?
    The easiest (in terms of installation and what not) modifications you can do to N/A engines is I/H/E (Intake, Headers, Exhaust) as they are all bolt-on modifications which directly replace the stock parts. Have a look around the forum and also on the CivInfo 'Type R' forum for more information

The main difference between the FN2R and FD2R is the engine; the FN2R has a 2.0L K20Z4 producing 148kW@7800 RPM with torque figures of 193 Nm@5600 RPM. In comparison to the FD2R which is a 2.0L K20A producing 165kW at 8,400 RPM and 215Nm of torque at 6,100 RPM. Also the FD2R has IRS (independent rear suspension) as opposed to our rear torsion beam in the FN2R.

Although it all comes down to personal opinion - some people would much rather the features which were released with the FD2R however personally speaking if both Type Rs were available in the AUDM, I would choose the FN2R over the FD2R.
    Last edited by MMike; 02-09-2009 at 11:22 PM.
    Thinking about intakes for your FN2R? Read my Injen CAI review here! // YouTube Page

VOLTEX Array
    Car:
    Bus Route 703
    he said there was a real slim chance of the jdm sedan R coming in..but come on the market isnt that big..
    i would jizz in mah pants if that happened

fd2r not much better than fn2r? not much better? NOT MUCH BETTER? its sooo much better. you will learn young one, majority of civic owners would trade either their fd or fn2r for a fd2r if that came out. cos i know i would

then be pissed off as hell cos we spent too much money modding the current cars we have... and half the stuff wont fit the fd2r -_-
    Last edited by Stig; 02-09-2009 at 11:40 PM.
    Winton 1:37.76 Phillip Island 1:55.27

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    he said there was a real slim chance of the jdm sedan R coming in..but come on the market isnt that big..
    Funny you say this coz my friends said that he read that the FD2R might come to Australia but I never asked where he got his info from

Member Array
    Car:
    EK
    only reason for me. FD2R = JDM yo!!

Member Array
    Car:
    Liberty GTspecB

r u fo real?
    I used to have a EK sedan
    psn: w-_custer_-w

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    If the FD2R comes here, it's not JDM now isn't it.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EP3 CTR
    Don't care so long as it's jdm spec

Call it what ever as long as it's same specs as JDM one i'll be happy to sale my EP3 and get into new FD2R

fd2r is worth twice more than 8 years old civc
    talk only no go in another term full of sht ? *annoying*
    FN2 - FD2 - EGH2B(SOON)