Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Civic type R?

Hybrid View

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    Yeah I kinda have a feeling that they're telling me they cant get white in so that I buy another colour that they have in stock so they can get rid of their current stock so I'll go to another dealership and ask about white

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by ganj3 View Post
    Yeah I kinda have a feeling that they're telling me they cant get white in so that I buy another colour that they have in stock so they can get rid of their current stock so I'll go to another dealership and ask about white
    No. Seriously?

LMFAO.

When i picked mine up a few months ago, june I think, my dealer told me that there were only three left in the country. One at yarra honda, one in qld and one in... perth? (i think). beyond that, there was no more coming in on the system. They weren't sure what was happening. In any case, mine came down from qld. But that was a few months ago. Not sure if this info helps.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic Type R
    Hmm.. Looks like you guys don't get it so I'll make it abundantly clear: Dealers lie through their teeth to get a sale. Especially those at Ferntree Gully Honda FYI: Those lovely chaps tried to tell me that I would have to wait over three months for a MY08 when an hour earlier Honda Australia had confirmed that 10 were landed in Melbourne a few days ago. And incidentally an hour later I bought a MY08 at another dealer for about $5k less than what they wanted for an 07!

If you are buying a car do your homework and don't ever trust a dealers word. Ever. Double check against other dealers and even Honda Australia.

Also, leave the retail price at home - this is never going to be what you are going to pay; Ignore any reference to "On road costs," and always consider about $2k of extras to be thrown in as part of the deal. If they won't play ball - walk.

And Never forget that YOU.. not dealer.. have all the cash and therefore all the power in this transaction.

Two more tips:

Never ever buy or accept as "thrown in" Paint/Fabric protection - ever wondered why it's usually offered after you sign?

And finally.. BUY FROM YOUR LOCAL DEALER (whoever they may be). Sure, shop around first but once you have your shit together, go to your local dealer as they're your best chance at a great deal. Why: Because local dealers are rewarded by Honda Australia for looking after customers that are within their designated local area.

Anyway, that's a start.

Best of luck.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CTR 07
    Quote Originally Posted by moons View Post
    Hmm.. Looks like you guys don't get it so I'll make it abundantly clear: Dealers lie through their teeth to get a sale. Especially those at Ferntree Gully Honda FYI: Those lovely chaps tried to tell me that I would have to wait over three months for a MY08 when an hour earlier Honda Australia had confirmed that 10 were landed in Melbourne a few days ago. And incidentally an hour later I bought a MY08 at another dealer for about $5k less than what they wanted for an 07!

If you are buying a car do your homework and don't ever trust a dealers word. Ever. Double check against other dealers and even Honda Australia.

Also, leave the retail price at home - this is never going to be what you are going to pay; Ignore any reference to "On road costs," and always consider about $2k of extras to be thrown in as part of the deal. If they won't play ball - walk.

And Never forget that YOU.. not dealer.. have all the cash and therefore all the power in this transaction.

Two more tips:

Never ever buy or accept as "thrown in" Paint/Fabric protection - ever wondered why it's usually offered after you sign?

And finally.. BUY FROM YOUR LOCAL DEALER (whoever they may be). Sure, shop around first but once you have your shit together, go to your local dealer as they're your best chance at a great deal. Why: Because local dealers are rewarded by Honda Australia for looking after customers that are within their designated local area.

Anyway, that's a start.

Best of luck.
    Nicely said

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic Type R
    Well it needed to be said. :-)