Member Array
    Car:
    EG/S2K

BRAKES For EGB18r????

hey guys im in the process of deciding what type of brake upgrade to go towards. i use my car mainly for work and cruises and the accasional national park drives....

i dont want to overspend and i dont want sH*%t stuff either what do you guys reccomend? upsize discs, or jus get slotted in standard size????

something in the 500-700 mark. that sought of my budget!

cheers

what is your car ? si/vti , gli or breeze etc?

262mm front and standard rear discs are FINE for a b18 eg.

upgrade the front knuckles to those off a EK4 , EM1 , EK1 or DC integra. And use the same disc and caliper that came off it. If you have drum rears , get the trailing arm + caliper+ disc setup off a car that came with 4 wheel discs (Si , vti , gli and all other DC's or EK4/EM1 etc)

Member Array
    Car:
    delsol crx
    As Above^^

Or if you want to go one step further get blank Integra Type r 282mm front discs drilled to 4 stud for you car and use the Integra type R/ Honda CRV caliper aswell (They are the same caliper with one having a little offset difference and most likely a price difference), along with a Type R Brake booster and Good pads..

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda EGK25A
    As above^^^^
    - MTA APPRENTICESHIP PLUS - SHIFT PERFORMANCE - +++++++

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by delsol9000rpms View Post
    As Above^^

Or if you want to go one step further get blank Integra Type r 282mm front discs drilled to 4 stud for you car and use the Integra type R/ Honda CRV caliper aswell (They are the same caliper with one having a little offset difference and most likely a price difference), along with a Type R Brake booster and Good pads..
    get the bb4 prelude 282mm ones coz it has the correct hub size for eg/ek 4stud

Member Array
    Car:
    EG/S2K
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    what is your car ? si/vti , gli or breeze etc?

262mm front and standard rear discs are FINE for a b18 eg.

upgrade the front knuckles to those off a EK4 , EM1 , EK1 or DC integra. And use the same disc and caliper that came off it. If you have drum rears , get the trailing arm + caliper+ disc setup off a car that came with 4 wheel discs (Si , vti , gli and all other DC's or EK4/EM1 etc)
    its a vti...

Member Array
    Car:
    EG civic
    Good start that it's a VTI, you already have rear disc brakes.

Do what bennjamin suggested. For a budget upgrade, replace the fronts with the 262mm. Get good fluids + pads; will be invaluable on the road + during spirited driving.

I went c2 motor and upgraded to dc2 vtir brakes all round. You might want to think about upgrading the BMC + booster also?!..

Quote Originally Posted by Killa From Manila View Post
    get the bb4 prelude 282mm ones coz it has the correct hub size for eg/ek 4stud
    So if you choose BB4 Prelude Calipers, you don't need DC2 Knuckles and you don't need to machine 3mm?

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by Moya View Post
    So if you choose BB4 Prelude Calipers, you don't need DC2 Knuckles and you don't need to machine 3mm?
    cant help u out with the calipers sorry, all i know is the rotors have the same dimensions except for the smaller hub size and its 4x114.3