Gearbox Rattle/Grind Help? b16a civic

Hey guys just got a question i recently bought a civic b16a aus type umm anyway in nuetral clutch out it makes kind of a rattling/grinding sound its not to loud but noticeable it only happens when its sitting there once clutch is in the noice stops straight away and through gears its all good aswell just idling it makes that rattling sound. Ok anyway just wondering if it needs to be fixed immediently or it will be ok untill i have some money for a new gearbox or fixing cost or something like that. thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    type r
    maybe bearing inside the gbox ?
    WTB - B16/18 HEAD

Member Array
    Car:
    Eg4
    is it like a ssssshshhhhhhhhhh noise. could be your thrust bearing..
    HooK a bruda up!
    REP me! then we all get the hook ups!

Its like more like a knocking rattle sound it is coming from around the gearbox area doesnt sound to loud but can be noticed. thanks for the help

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    sounds like bearing dude

Member Array
    Car:
    crx gen 1/gen 2
    Could be something got or dropped out and is being rattled by the flywheel. Happened to me.

Take the cover plate between the block and gearbox off and have a look for something loose in there. Take about half an hour tops and eliminates/confirms one possible problem.
    anjin

aka ian

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG VTI
    if it were something loose, then you would hear it going over bumps...?
    youdoze.com - Laughing at the sleeping population!

Quote Originally Posted by jjack195 View Post
    Hey guys just got a question i recently bought a civic b16a aus type umm anyway in nuetral clutch out it makes kind of a rattling/grinding sound its not to loud but noticeable it only happens when its sitting there once clutch is in the noice stops straight away and through gears its all good aswell just idling it makes that rattling sound. Ok anyway just wondering if it needs to be fixed immediently or it will be ok untill i have some money for a new gearbox or fixing cost or something like that. thanks

clearly its relevant to the clutch or gearbox....Does the car drive normally and shift normally ?
    Sounds like a iffy release bearing (possibly lack of grease on it)

Member Array
    Car:
    EG3
    key points clutch in noise goes away - potentially ISB

go to the shops, sounds serious if it's rattling
    Why hello there

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4K24
    both our work rodeos hav the same issue does it go away after moving the shifter around in neutral or pumping the clutch?
    Grease that bearing up...

Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    clearly its relevant to the clutch or gearbox....Does the car drive normally and shift normally ?
    Sounds like a iffy release bearing (possibly lack of grease on it)
    Vince