Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I didn't find a diff, they were the same and..hee..never had a problem riding through daily traffic..

and we're abit more aggressive in traffic back in SE Asia compared to here.

Quote Originally Posted by Twincam16 View Post
    Prob a bit easier to ride on daily basis though

A 1000cc+ wont be something you'd want to ride through daily traffic...
    MFactory Competition Products

ok sorry, power wasnt the right word. torque is =p i felt the 600 was gutless at the bottom, but i hear a power commander can fix that issue but im yet to ride a 600 wioth a power commander. Admittedly I have not hopped onto the 1000cc because it looks intimidating to ride around the roundabouts etc but ive been told its just a mental factor

i will be riding around 400-500kms a week. hope that helps
    looking for aftermarket FN2R parts ! pm me !

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, GSXR600, CRF250R
    mate by the sounds of it your using it to commute. not to be buyist but i think a 600 is much more practical than a 1000 to commute on. but then again no super sport bike is realy that practical for long rides/commuting but who the hell would be seen riding a tourer
    /Oo_\\ __H__//_oO\
    \()_______[DC5]()/

...ZzzzZzzz Array
    Car:
    Pushbike...
    Quote Originally Posted by e240 View Post
    I didn't find a diff, they were the same and..hee..never had a problem riding through daily traffic..

and we're abit more aggressive in traffic back in SE Asia compared to here.
    Depends on the route of travel, ie my daily ride is about 10 minutes riding through peak hour traffic, I would be harder pressed trying to squeeze an R1 through some of the gaps I get through

Some 1000's also tend to bite waaaay too hard for stop start traffic, all depends on the bike. Ie a fireblade wouldnt be a problem for daily riding, but might not be raw enough for your liking
    -------------------------------------------

FFFFffffuuuuuuux999

Member Array
    Car:
    89 LS Teg aka ugly teg

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by nvmee View Post
    ok sorry, power wasnt the right word. torque is =p i felt the 600 was gutless at the bottom, but i hear a power commander can fix that issue but im yet to ride a 600 wioth a power commander. Admittedly I have not hopped onto the 1000cc because it looks intimidating to ride around the roundabouts etc but ive been told its just a mental factor

i will be riding around 400-500kms a week. hope that helps
    That makes alot more sense. Seriously go check out a Daytona 675, anyone that owns one raves about them. Being a triple they produce a decent amount of torque and in a head to head they can match the jap I4 in almost everyway.

hmm i actually forgot about the 675 but may do some research on it before this weekend ^^

i also plan to ride rain or shine, so i need to take all this into consideration. i think i heard nowadays the newer models have switches/chips to lower the power when needed ( i think they are on the 09 r6 and r1? correct me if im wrong )

Member Array
    Car:
    89 LS Teg aka ugly teg
    Dunno about the yammies but the gix thou has it, by all accounts its a gimmick. If your ham fisted enough to need it in the wet your ham fisted enough to still **** up no matter weather your putting down 140hp or 60hp.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, GSXR600, CRF250R
    new gixxers have them the 600's , 750's and the 1000. to be honest i dont realy use it but it is noticebly different and i would use it if i was ever stuck out in rain to be on the safe side. i know the 09 r1 has this feature to , not sure about previous models though
    /Oo_\\ __H__//_oO\
    \()_______[DC5]()/

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9
    damn, 400-500kms a week!? lol stick with your 250 or atleast keep it, much more economical.
    My work mate picked up a 08 cbr 600, after about 2 weeks said he wished he had kept his across also, said the cbr drank as much as his gli ek civic

hmm.. well tbh i have never ridden a thou, power wise i find the 600 has plenty on the street.. otherwise if i wanted more grunt id just do 520 conversion ^ i also wish i had kept my 250

hmmm yeh thats true the r6 does have plenty for the street, by all means it is not slow but i kind of yearn for that extra torque. i been riding a 250 for 3 years now lol, so i decided to sell up and get something something better

...ZzzzZzzz Array
    Car:
    Pushbike...
    250 -> 1000 is a big jump
    -------------------------------------------

FFFFffffuuuuuuux999