Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ek9 sway bar hitting my exhaust

hey i just installed a sway bar and its hitting my exhaust. Any1 have this problem what car i do to fix it?

specs

ek4
    ek9 rear sway bar with asr brace
    fujitsubo legalis r cateback

thanks

you installed it ? did you install it the correct way ?

IE looks like this-

NOTICE the end is facing down. You CAN face it UP and will still work but can and will hit.

i'll take a pic tmr n show u

Member Array
    Car:
    Beautiful facelift EJ8!
    is that you timmy?
    yeah i forgot to ask if its on the right way. if it is try it upside down as well as that may help clear it of the axle back.

Ive seen people running the sway bar upside down and it doesnt make much of a difference. If anyone else knows if it makes a difference, please contribute.

also make sure you torque it up to the correct specs. specs can be found on asr website.

yo danny

the d bracket is hitting the back of my muffler

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    had the exact same issue on my EK. The muffler was getting in the way of the D bracket, to fix the problem I had to switch to a smaller muffler.
    you should go and consult an exhaust shop to ask if you can extend/mod the piping or have to replace the muffler.

Member Array
    Car:
    Beautiful facelift EJ8!
    Quote Originally Posted by bubblecivic View Post
    yo danny

the d bracket is hitting the back of my muffler
    yeah that means flipping the sway upside down isnt going to help. you'll have to extend the axle back abit for it to clear.

Quote Originally Posted by bubblecivic View Post

Sure ? shake the muffler with your hand and see if it hits.
    Anyway , you should be able to extend the over-axle pipe to push the muffler alitte further out , and thus past the D bush.
    Last edited by bennjamin; 07-09-2009 at 06:58 PM.

yeah it hits i can hear it when i drive. it has like less than 1cm gap. anything i can put in between? how much would it cost to extend it?

no point putting something inbetween....just take it to a decent muffler shop and they should be able to weld up a slight pipe length , modify your hangers to suit and thats it. Shouldnt cost more than $80 or so done professionally. Just get it done and fixed

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 DC2R
    i did the dodgy fix and cable tied a rag to the d bracket. it fixed the problem and it stayed there for over a year!