Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    onevia13, CTR10
    sounds awesome, i could clearly hear the difference! youve made me start thinkin bout buyin this! damn it!

can i still use the cda85=150 bmc intake with stock ecu, like you said fn2 is a maf sensor. will it sffect to it?

Quote Originally Posted by bangers178 View Post
    i heard that the engine light occasionally turns ons after installing the intake. is this true?
    That is true. i have fitted a injen to a good client of mine FN2R and after a while of driving eg 80 minutes the engine light comes on. The fault code is running rich and will only be evaluated after 80 minute ignition cycle via the PCM so if your doing short trips it may not trigger it. i have monitered the live data list and confirmed running rich. have placed stock intake on to eliminate other possibilities and fuel trim returned to normal instantly so theres no guess work behind it. not sure if this is rectified with version 2 but wouldnt recommend the version one kit without reflashing the ecu or having aftermarket control + tune.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic TypeR '07 FN2
    So there is a version 2 of this intake? Was it created to stop these sorts of issues occuring?

Member Array
    Car:
    spicy car
    DR Honda thats great info! Thanks for that.
    Wanted to know how everyone feels about the Mugen Air Intake and how it compares to the Injen? is it really worth $1000+?

Thanks
    Wee Wee Waa Waa

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    Quote Originally Posted by ep3boy View Post
    can i still use the cda85=150 bmc intake with stock ecu, like you said fn2 is a maf sensor. will it sffect to it?
    wheres the MAF sensor on fn2r? bmc cda replaces the airbox with a pipe for direct cold air. i got one on my dc2r

Quote Originally Posted by TJHoolio View Post
    So there is a version 2 of this intake? Was it created to stop these sorts of issues occuring?
    Apparently there is a version two. Best to ask the Australian distributors of Injen (JDMYard) to see if the issue has been rectified on the second version.
    Last edited by DR HONDA; 06-09-2010 at 03:12 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    07 FN2R, 09 FD1
    Quote Originally Posted by DR HONDA View Post
    That is true. i have fitted a injen to a good client of mine FN2R and after a while of driving eg 80 minutes the engine light comes on. The fault code is running rich and will only be evaluated after 80 minute ignition cycle via the PCM so if your doing short trips it may not trigger it. i have monitered the live data list and confirmed running rich. have placed stock intake on to eliminate other possibilities and fuel trim returned to normal instantly so theres no guess work behind it. not sure if this is rectified with version 2 but wouldnt recommend the version one kit without reflashing the ecu or having aftermarket control + tune.
    Thats good information! Answers my question, i am using version 2 which is basically the same intake but the diameter of piping is slightly larger, with everything else the same. I am not getting a check engine light but after continuous hard driving the car blows out black smoke and the idle becomes very rough with revs jumping around. I assume this is a sign of the car running rich? Could my MAF sensor also be faulty? Do you think this could harm the engine in any way? And in terms of ECU tuning do you recommend hondata flashpro or haltech?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9 Accord Euro
    how can u tell if u have series 1 or series 2, are the part numbers different? if not what size pipe is on series 1 compared to series 2????
    The Ari Gold of OZ Honda Forums

Member Array
    Car:
    07 FN2R, 09 FD1
    Quote Originally Posted by DR1V3R View Post
    how can u tell if u have series 1 or series 2, are the part numbers different? if not what size pipe is on series 1 compared to series 2????
    You have version 2 - the main pipe has a larger diameter compared to the first revision and the lower bracket mount is also different design.
    Do you get a CEL?

Quote Originally Posted by jyh888 View Post
    Thats good information! Answers my question, i am using version 2 which is basically the same intake but the diameter of piping is slightly larger, with everything else the same. I am not getting a check engine light but after continuous hard driving the car blows out black smoke and the idle becomes very rough with revs jumping around. I assume this is a sign of the car running rich? Could my MAF sensor also be faulty? Do you think this could harm the engine in any way? And in terms of ECU tuning do you recommend hondata flashpro or haltech?
    You have hit the nail on the head. Its not a maf issue at all just for some reason it richens the air fuel ratio and the maf doesnt agree with it. Choice of ECU and this is preference is the Hondata. Reasons you retain the stock characteristics of the B & F CAN systems utilized in regards to VSA/ABS/TCS correct operation. Harm you engine, you can answer that! Fowl everything up possibly.

Member Array
    Car:
    07 FN2R, 09 FD1
    Quote Originally Posted by DR HONDA View Post
    You have hit the nail on the head. Its not a maf issue at all just for some reason it richens the air fuel ratio and the maf doesnt agree with it. Choice of ECU and this is preference is the Hondata. Reasons you retain the stock characteristics of the B & F CAN systems utilized in regards to VSA/ABS/TCS correct operation. Harm you engine, you can answer that! Fowl everything up possibly.
    So should tuning it with a piggyback ecu say the hondata flashpro fix this issue? Im not too technical, so put simply does running a rich air fuel ratio damage the engine in any way? Should I revert back to the stock airbox before I do anything else?