Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FN2
    Nice review! Ive already ordered one from JDMyard at 500 + 15 postage.

Btw i recognise that place in the video with the stock FN2. i take my car there now and then as well

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    Civic Type R (FN2R)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aifa View Post
    Nice review! Ive already ordered one from JDMyard at 500 + 15 postage.

Btw i recognise that place in the video with the stock FN2. i take my car there now and then as well
    Thanks mate
    Thinking about intakes for your FN2R? Read my Injen CAI review here! // YouTube Page

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FN2
    ok i was also confused as to where to install the injen cai. but i have a feeling i ended up doing the same thing as your mechanic did. the intake is behind the front bumper for me. i will get pics up next week when i have time

the sound is very good, but sometimes it sounds like the stock intake unless you go WOT. but when revving the engine with the clutch in i can pick up a nice induction hiss

i also had problem how to install that CAI but im very happy with that intake. I used before CAI, scoopin and cone K&N filter inside the stock airbox.

The bigest problem was with that silver bracket. Where to install that stupid holder!!.
    First i made somethink like this

I live in Poland and we have a lot days with rain. I made splash guard, rain protaktion.

this is what i did

On this pics You can see what i did. Above the cone filter i instaled aluminium plate because after i washed my car cone filter was very wet.
    I relocated horn and I dazzled the horn!
    I dazzled the holes in bumper belowe cone filter

Maybe this is not beautiful but work and i can see only this view

Sorry guys for my english.
    mods
    TODA header + TODA exhaust + INJEN CAI + RRC intake manifold + Hondata FlashPRO + Hondata heatshield + P2R TB spacer + H&R lowering springs + Grand Prix Pack + Time Attack wheels

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FN2
    nice work with the splash guarding. luckily in australia its summer now so ill have time to think of something. my injen is also in the same position

Ozhonda Trader Array
    Car:
    EGK24A
    Revised version of INJEN CAI FN2R is out
    They provide a different bottom pipe that attached to the filter and a bigger air filter aswell
    Revised price too while our AUD is kinda strong against USD.
    JDMyard Pty Ltd
    25 / 317-321 Woodpark Rd , Smithfield , NSW 2164. Contact : 02 97572364
    Email : yonas@jdmyard.com , Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/JDMYard
    www.JDMyard.com

is there evidence that the grupm doesnt work? also flesh pro, is that best if i have mods on the car, i have a grupm and a exhaust upgrades....

Member Array
    Car:
    07 FN2R, 09 FD1
    I wouldn't say the gruppem does not work, it is an improvement over stock but it's basically a short ram intake with k&n pod and a carbon fiber 'ram'. The way it draws air into the scoop questions the effectiveness compared to a cold air intake induction like the injen intake. Flashpro is a piggyback ecu similar to the hondata kpro, you should use it for a custom tune if you have all your bolt on mods

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CIVIC TYPE-R
    Hey Bodaas,

Check the Honda racing South Africa forum, my mate Neo1 has some videos on this exact Cold air induction where he ran me a few car lengths.
    1st and 2nd gear was`nt that impressive but after third gear he started pulling. We ran about 8 times with the same result even after I had out launched him a few times he still caught up and overtook me.
    I`ve just ordered mine.........cant wait.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3, FD1, FN2R
    i heard that the engine light occasionally turns ons after installing the intake. is this true?

Member Array
    Car:
    07 FN2R, 09 FD1
    Quote Originally Posted by bangers178 View Post
    i heard that the engine light occasionally turns ons after installing the intake. is this true?
    nope no check engine light ever, I have one for sale if interested pm me

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    Quote Originally Posted by mw1978 View Post
    i also had problem how to install that CAI but im very happy with that intake. I used before CAI, scoopin and cone K&N filter inside the stock airbox.

Does that make any difference if any at all compared to if you did not have the cone filter?