Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy Damaged 96 Ek Civic.. HELP!

Hey Guys,
    So someone did a hit and run on my 96 Ek civic hatchback... retards!~!

I have a couple of questions I would like to ask the ozhonda community. I have already looked around the forums and have done searches and have found out alot of the info I needed however there are still a couple of things I am unsure about. I live an hr North of Sydney on the Central Coast.

1) Where is the best place to get panels? Second hand will do me as I have a mate that can spray. I need bumber and a bonnet that have no dints

2)Does anyone have a spare Right-hand side headlight they would like to get rid of or know of good place to get them?

3) If i were to replace the front bumper with an aftermarket one and get an aftermarket lip and keep the rest of the panels stockers... is the front bumper and lip going to look way out place? Is it going to be wider than the quarter-panels and stick out etc? Or will it be streamline and nice?

Any information on either of these 3 questions would be much appreciated guys

Member Array
    Car:
    ek4
    hey buddy.
    sorry to hear about your accident. i feel for ya.

1. Could get some panels at wreckers called Honbits in sydney's west.

3. Regarding after market bumpers - im assuming you're getting a bumper from another civic. You can source a prefaclift (96-98 model) civic bumper for your EK (facelift is [99-00]). With Lips there are plenty of style lips to choose from for your prefacelift bumper (eg: Mugen replica style lip, Spoon, Civic Type R etc.. that traders on here have for sale) and they will fit your bumper very well.

another option would be to buy brand new taiwanese parts, the fitment is not 100% but you can get everything brand new you need including head lights for cheaper then what you can get from the wreckers 2nd hand!
    And since your mate is going to spray it for you there'll also be less prep. work for him, no dents etc compared to used pannels, just rub and spray
    Most panel beaters can source these parts for you or you can try SSS auto parts....

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    N/A is best
    very unlucky

best option is to call wreckers.

hontoys has heaps of parts always.

86-90 Percival Road, Smithfield, NSW 2164

p: (02) 9729 4400
    No Comment

kriZy: Pm sent, cheers.

EM1: Thanks champ, might look into it a bit more... cheers.

VT-11-RR: Cheers, will call them soon and see what they can do for me.

Panel Prices

So I rang around today. I havnt rang Honbits yet but a local wrecker can get new panels. $200 for the bonnet and $150 for a bumper. They are black and need to be painted. its local so I will save some cash by picking it up.
    I think this is a failry decent price.... does anyone think otherwise?
    Also, They asked me if I ahd a Molded Bumper or a Non-molded bumper.... i have no idea. How can I tell?

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1
    http://www.ozeparts.com.au/

'Moulded' may mean the black strips in the corners of your bumpers. Only pre-facelift EKs had them.

Member Array
    Car:
    VteC
    Quote Originally Posted by ozmetaldrummer View Post
    So I rang around today. I havnt rang Honbits yet but a local wrecker can get new panels. $200 for the bonnet and $150 for a bumper. They are black and need to be painted. its local so I will save some cash by picking it up.
    Also, They asked me if I ahd a Molded Bumper or a Non-molded bumper.... i have no idea. How can I tell?
    if there new and black that means its aftermarket. (non genuine) doesnt fit good and wont look the same. buy genuine parts and you wont go wrong.
    all the best
    rep if you find a good post

Member Array
    Car:
    ek4
    Bonnet shouldnt be $200.
    You can get one for about $150 or even less. Have a look around more buddy.

Morning.
    Cheers for the help so far everyone... appreciated
    So as I mentioned before, I can get brand new after market Bumper for 150 and Bonnet for 200. After speaking with a few people they have suggested not to get an aftermarket bonnet and to maybe think about getting an original bumper aswell.
    I have called Honbits and they could not help me. I called Honbits For Honda and they also could not helo me out.
    I managed to get hold of Hontoys and they have an original bonnet for $275.00 and original drivers-side headlight for $150.
    Aftermarket parts from ozeparts are cheap as but ive been told to stay away as it will be a bitch to try and fit etc.
    What do you guys think? Get original bumper, light, and bonnet? Are they decent prices?

Cheers
    Last edited by ozmetaldrummer; 06-08-2009 at 04:38 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    green whip!
    i'd just get an original bonnet just for a safety aspect(aftermarket ones might be thinner?)
    i've bought front fenders and bumpers from ozeparts before, they fit okay, probably 90% for the bumper and nthe fender fit pretty well too

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by ozmetaldrummer View Post

most wreckers in sydney (specifically honbits and hontoys frmo my experience) tend to be flexible with the price, depends on their mood and their impressions of you and so much bs as theres no fixed price
    i suggest go there and bargain with them, your spending $350 bucks with them, im sure they ll be flexible.