Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Degrease motor

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG5

Degrease motor

Whats the best way to clean/degrease the motor?

Can it be hosed down?

If you go to a car wash you can use the engine/tyre cleaner before hand and then wash it off with a high pressure hose. Just make sure you cover up your pod filter, and alternater before hosing with anything. And if you do hose, make sure you don't soak one place for too long just in case you flood something important. Comes up mickeymouse when it's done! Good luck!
    d e e p S i x [d6]™

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    BIKE
    nice post shu, thats what i do. you can also use engine degreaser and just go for gold, you can also use this engine foam cleaner im not sure what its called but i got it from supercheap, spray it everywhere then hose it down. then drive it for 30minz so the water evaporates

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    suprisingly that cheap engine foam stuff worked really well

i used it on my EG, covered the engine bay in it, left it for 10min, than hosed it off with garden hose

make sure u take ur pod off or cover it up, and avoid getting electrical things like the battery too wet

also dont do it on ur parents front lawn as it will kill the grass lol =p
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

I would cover up the distributor before I cover up the battery or alternator.

+1 to bau since he made the most important post.

COVER THE DIZZY!

you don't want water in there...

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM EG Built B16a2 Turbo
    can get cheap ass degreeser in cans from supercheap auto's for $1.99 a can. Use 2-3 cans which is more than enough. Put it on whilst the engine is warm and leave for 10 minutes and then wash it off with a host. As others have said, cover up your filter with a plastic bag, also your battery and other electrical setups. I don't cover the distributor when ive done it but upto you.

altho i know others have had issues on other cars but my honda'z never had issue with the dizzy and water.
    Fastfwd Photoshoot cover pic Click here!

Member Array
    Car:
    ( . )_( . )
    lol remember to take the plastic bag off the pod if you covered it before turning the car on lolz

Quote Originally Posted by FastFwd View Post
    can get cheap ass degreeser in cans from supercheap auto's for $1.99 a can. Use 2-3 cans which is more than enough. Put it on whilst the engine is warm and leave for 10 minutes and then wash it off with a host. As others have said, cover up your filter with a plastic bag, also your battery and other electrical setups. I don't cover the distributor when ive done it but upto you.

altho i know others have had issues on other cars but my honda'z never had issue with the dizzy and water.
    you may have not had problems yet, but the parts inside the dizzy are much more prone to failure with water than are the battery/alternator.

EDIT - wheres my rep fag!!!!!

I never asked for it, you said you'll give it, so give it fag

lmao

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM EG Built B16a2 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Bludger View Post
    you may have not had problems yet, but the parts inside the dizzy are much more prone to failure with water than are the battery/alternator.

lmao
    lol actually my dizzy rotor crapped itself about 6 months ago. Could be right, but the plastic couldn't have gotten frail due to water. And the seal around the dizzy cap fairly decent.
    Fastfwd Photoshoot cover pic Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by Bludger View Post

lmao
    i tried you ****, and it says "I need to spread more rep before giving you it"

lolz

Quote Originally Posted by I heart the SSS View Post
    i tried you ****, and it says "I need to spread more rep before giving you it"

lolz
    thats because you repped me for something I shouldn't have been repped for. It then got deleted and now you can't rep me for something I really do deserve.

fail.