Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EK Hatch
    2 hotdog resonators will do the trick. Don't waste ur money pulling one out and chucking something else in
    blehskeelz

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by simbadda54 View Post
    2 hotdog resonators will do the trick. Don't waste ur money pulling one out and chucking something else in
    ?? How's adding another hotdog no gonna cost him money??

Anyway op....do what you thinks best

Member Array
    Car:
    EK Hatch
    Cos he's not wasting the hot dog that's already in there yes?
    blehskeelz

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by simbadda54 View Post
    Cos he's not wasting the hot dog that's already in there yes?
    You are honest telling me that you believe that a 6" hot dog actually works?? more to the point, going by the pics supplied, the stated hot dog looks like an expansion chamber that a hot dog.

I'm not here to argue with anyone. I talk from my personal experience and hot dog + NA generally don't work. Spend the time and look at all the decent off the shelf JDM exhausts and tell me if they run centre mufflers or hot dogs?

Like I said, I am merely offering a solution to Mr Shu here and not get into a "Do hot dogs work" match.

Peace out!

Member Array
    Car:
    EK Hatch
    Lol relax. My Fuji has 2 hotdogs and it's sounds pretty decent. Also my mate fixed his raspiness by adding an extra hotdog in his system. Woosah baby
    blehskeelz

ill throw in another oval muffler in the place of the hotdog and see how that sounds, and if its still raspy/farty at the higher rpm ill throw the hotdog back in somewhere it'll fit. atm, i'm struggling ground clearance. i'm at about 8-9cm off the ground already as it is thanks for the suggestions nepolian and simbadda. the hotdog actually came with this downpipe i bought off ebay, and i thought it was a straight through resonator - the inside has like perforated metal, but i dont know how much insulating material there is in there or what it is. let me know if you find something for me nepolian! cheers!
    d e e p S i x [d6]™

i'm getting a straight through fibreglass packed oval muffler put in tomorrow morning, and ill put a video clip up and let you guys know the outcome. hope it works out well! thanks for all the input guys!
    d e e p S i x [d6]™

so in the end i went with i believe was a 6" round straight through chambered muffler which looks like this.

the bark has been minised to only above 5k, or when driven hard so i'm happy with the result. thanks to nepolian and danny for the advice. i'm not sure whether my flow was compromised by putting one of these mufflers on, although i'd say the effect would be minimal. any opinions to chill me out would be great as i'm a bit freaked out about the fact i've lost a bit of higher end power because of it!

i'll put up a vid soon when i have the time to make it.

edit: arghhhh.. 3 hrs later, i'm thinking i might throw this out and spend the money on a 6" round magnaflow straight through without the chamber. i feel there's a struggle up at the top! still deciding..
    Last edited by SHU-ES1; 15-09-2009 at 04:24 PM.
    d e e p S i x [d6]™

Member Array
    Car:
    ES1 Turbo, EK1
    LOL Tony its a D17 ur luck u gained anything at all with a I/H/E put together.
    the only way u can tell uve gained power is on the dyno and it most likly be be 3kw man,
    ive been telling u to boost it like me, ive still get my spare manifold. wink wink.

thats y i went boost

its good that the raspyness is gone tho.
    Last edited by Riced_Civic; 16-09-2009 at 07:34 AM.

i'm probably going to swap out the chambered muffler for a 5" straight through round muffler so it flows a bit better, and make it a tiny bit louder and that will be my last thing! i've spent too much already! my exhaust sounds really good now, quiet rumble at idle and reving it sounds nice, and when i'm at WOT its reasonably loud, deep and smooth - a bit like my bro's fujitsubo legalis <-- i'd recommend that exhaust for anyone, it sounds beautiful! i love it! he got it from OTR for i think $1.2k.

i got bloody defected last night man after all that work to the exhaust, they do me for other things! HIDs and tyre load rating! pricks! well, i was contemplating your idea of boost but i dont think my gf would appreciate me spending around 12k to get it done. my bro is spending 5k next week on his ep3 and getting it worked. quads, vtec killer cams or whatever it's called etc etc. it's going to be a beast, i'll bring it round your joint when he's all done - if he lets me.

he also just bought the j's racing cf bonnet off ennavoli in the trade section off OzHonda on the weekend, and it is so bloody light! like 1-2kg, i couldn't believe it! now i want one
    d e e p S i x [d6]™

Member Array
    Car:
    ES1 Turbo, EK1
    sux getting defected man badluck, do u need to get RWC.

nah no need for roadworthy, just get rid of hids and in the process have high beams again as well as getting the right tyres with the right load rating. i'm just going to change back to standard wheels. do you know if they check anything else or just the things listed?
    d e e p S i x [d6]™