Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    goto any bike shop and try on the gear and find your size in different brands... then order from eBay... Aussie dollar is strong at the moment!

although i did manage to find a $700 Shift leather for $350 from an eBay seller in Tassieland
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow96GSR
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.

Member Array
    Car:
    GSi
    Quote Originally Posted by dsp26 View Post
    goto any bike shop and try on the gear and find your size in different brands... then order from eBay... Aussie dollar is strong at the moment!

although i did manage to find a $700 Shift leather for $350 from an eBay seller in Tassieland
    Ditto. I just got a sweet alpine stars jacket from flyin brians ebay store for half price.. Gunna order an arai helmet and gloves soon as well when I try some on locally, lol...
    .: I Heart Honda :.

Member Array
    Car:
    GSi
    Oh yeah, and the pre learner training days are awesome if you have zero experience. Enjoy it and take in all the info, its invaluable...

Member Array
    Car:
    04 Accord Euro Luxury
    BTW guys, is this website any good? It seems to have prices equivalent to the American counterparts.

http://thehelmetwarehouse.com.au

Another thing i want to know is what the difference between the Kevlar jeans they sell compared to the normal Just Jeans stuff?

Kevlar jeans protect against abrasion a little... nothing like leather.

I ride in full leather gear + boots + gloves etc everyday on my commute... yes i look like i'm a racerboi... but with all the "armour" and leather it just gives you that extra confidence to ride it like ya stole it

Nothing beats a 10k bike whooping just about anything on four wheels.

Just don't be a squid.
    07 FD1 - Pics
    Full Mugen Kit
    TopFuel zero-1000 SRI
    18" Rays G-Games 99b
    OzHonda sticker x 2

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK1 VTi
    Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    Cool thanks guys, i'm alot more confident now. I have to just check out some YouTube videos on how NOT to stall the bike and all that kind of stuff... or are they pretty lenient on that kind of stuff?
    MCA is decent out at Parramatta/Auburn on parramatta road next to that 2nds world joint. Its much bigger than the one on Wentworth street in the city.

Also don't forget ebay used "auctions". I managed to score a mint 2008 alpinestars leather jacket for $130 RRP $950 and alpinestar gloves RRP $200 for $40.

Don't worry about checking youtube for vids on how not to stall the bike. They really teach you from the very basics up... including what the controls do, and how to start the bike.

Member Array
    Car:
    04 Accord Euro Luxury
    All good, passed it.

Now i have to do the computer test.

The first i crashed the bike because i underestimated the throttle. I gave it too much and i just went flying into the other learner drivers. The bike crashed and flipped on my side lol.

My ribs, back and arm all kill right now but the instructor was surprised that i was continuing the training despite the crash. Today was completely different, no crashes at all lol.

I'm really liking the CB250 bikes now, bloody touch stuff!

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK1 VTi
    All good, passed it.

Now i have to do the computer test.

The first i crashed the bike because i underestimated the throttle. I gave it too much and i just went flying into the other learner drivers. The bike crashed and flipped on my side lol.

My ribs, back and arm all kill right now but the instructor was surprised that i was continuing the training despite the crash. Today was completely different, no crashes at all lol.

I'm really liking the CB250 bikes now, bloody touch stuff!
    gratz

I suggest practice the test over and over on the RTA site till you memorise the questions. its identical to the one you do at the RTA branch

While ya on the RTA site print out the P's test course. It shows exactly the course so you can set it up and practice through witches hats + "u-turn". Just find a quiet industrial area and/or dead end and setup a practice course on the road. Just practice your slow speed maneuvering (clutch + rear brake). Make sure to practice this a bunch before the P's test it, it really helped me anyway

Member Array
    Car:
    GSi

!
    ****n hell dude.. Lol...

...ZzzzZzzz Array
    Car:
    Pushbike...
    ^ Haha glad ur all good...

Damn man hope you learn from the mistake... remember to not think too hard about it... keep focused though!
    -------------------------------------------

FFFFffffuuuuuuux999

Member Array
    Car:
    04 Accord Euro Luxury
    Thanks guys, yeah i still got a bandage wrapped around my ribs and back area which still hurts everytime i breathe

It doesn't help that my brother is telling my mum that he had a dream that i was killed lol, now the lectures are starting.

rob1000, great advice! I will do that as soon as i get the bike but i just need to find somewhere abandoned or somewhere with a huge area where i can't risk hitting anyone!

Twincam16, even the instructor was saying that i was thinking too much and overloading myself with outcomes that might happen which in turn was making it complicated on myself.

On day two, i didn't crash once because i put my nerves aside and just rode normally.

Thanks guy for the advice!