Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EG, GC8

DIY B16A2 Swap Progress *[Part 1]*

Disclaimer: The following is provided as a GUIDE ONLY, and neither myself nor Ozhonda take any responsibility for the outcomes of someone else doing the following. You follow these steps at your own risk!

PART 1

Since we r unable to get our hand on a JDM EG6 halfcut, my mate have decided to forget bout the additional 10hp and go for the AUDM vtir halfcut instead. The swap is still far from done but we have decided to document it as we go along.

The A/T D16Y4 still in my mate's CXI

B16A2 out from a wreck VTIR

Miscellenous stuffs, i.e pedals assembly need for conversion from auto to manual, shafts, radiator, shift linkage etc, etc...

The VTIR looms, theres more but tats about all we need for the swap.

First and foremost, we stripped the whole interior, so as to swap the vtir loom in.

The vti loom is more or less in placed now, but there is a problem, we cant seems to find the connector to the ceiling light now. we have labeled every connector but the vtir loom seems to be missing that connector. we decided to leave this till a later stage and begin stripping the engine bay first.

That is all for now. more to come.

Wynode edit: Fixed up images + disclaimer
    Last edited by DCLXVI; 19-11-2004 at 12:47 AM.

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Looking good.......glad to see someone documenting this......you efforts will pay off!
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Member Array
    Car:
    VX II SS, 75 HJ 355
    Yeah, I wish I'd taken photos and stuff when my swap was done

Member Array
    Car:
    EG, GC8

*[ Part 2 ]*

PART 2

Today, we took out the air-con compressor, radiator. Unplug all obstructing hoses, i.e fuel return, heater hose etc. etc. and getting ready to get the axle out.

The axle nut is really a bitch to get out. we try all available ways.. breaker bar, hitting with hammer.. We even get air impact tool from Bunnings and still it wont move single bit.

therefore we decided to remove the entire rotor instead and pull it out together with the axle shalf.

Remove the cotter pin before removing the nut at the control arm. We have some drama trying to remove the ball joint at the control arm but was promptly resolved by some yank's ghetto method... we have a good laugh over it. Method used

same goes for the tie rod, remove the cotter pin then remove the nut. Again, we have problem trying to remove the ball joint. the method as used above cant be used here. we rush to k-mart to get the tie rod separator but it was already too late to use it in conjuction with hammer..

we decided to proceed under the car, to remove those nuts holding on to the transmission cable. and hopefully we can get the ball joint out tmr.
    Last edited by DCLXVI; 19-11-2004 at 12:46 AM.

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    For the axle nut.......weq suggested a realy good way.

Use a breaker bar and hold it firm agains the ground, start the car up, put it in first, and let the clutch out kind of quickly!......Basically you're using the torque of the engine to turn thet nut (haven't tried it myself, but he said it worked).

As for the ball joint........thanks for that link, it finally makes sense now!

Keep the updates coming
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Member Array
    i know this is out of topic, but may i know how much you spent on the half cut vti-r ??heaps thx

ROKAGESAMA Array
    Car:
    2009 Lexus ISF
    nice work.
    Team Bacchus Racing Lexus ISF
    Bacchus Energy drink
    Drive your Energy

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    excelent!! keep it going!!

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    Good work stan! You forgot to give me a call to come round n help!!

Didn't know you started yet, gimme a call
    Quote Originally Posted by z3lda
    ey, was drivin a honda city before...
    felt like the biggest poofter in the world..LOL

Member Array
    Car:
    EG, GC8
    thanks for dropping by today, james.. wasnt feeling well today.. fever and a bad cough.. so no work done today..

Member Array
    Car:
    ek
    very nice job!!!

hurry stan n kah hong!! finish it upp!! cant wait to take a ride in dat car dude, ahaha, i'll drop by next week to see wat i can help, but obviously both of u wouldnt let me touch anythingg