Page 62 of 75 FirstFirst ... 12525960616263646572 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    IM ON A BOAT
    Quote Originally Posted by dee-y View Post
    What camber are your running for both the front and rear and what tyre specs? I had x8 +38 all around for my first set and had no scrubbing issues.
    im running -1.5 at rears (i do have rear camber kit), front not 100% sure, pretty sure close to stock.
    oh! just after i got my rear camber kit installed, had camber of +8 and toe of 12. scary shit. when driving it LOL

gonna have to raise the rear right abit tomorrow. not even on the other side lol

can someone pm their stiffness settings? i wanna compare
    Last edited by d_evilz; 28-01-2012 at 08:15 PM.
    So i heard you like mudkipz

VIP Modular Wheels x Built To Order

Let me tell you guys about the excellent customer experience I had dealing with these 2 companies.

VIP Modular Wheels are obviously the maker of the wheels which are based in the US. www.vipmodular.com
    And Built To Order are the Official Distributor for VIP Modular Wheels here in Aus http://www.facebook.com/BuiltToOrder.com.au

I got introduced to Tarik the owner of Built To Order a few months ago by Jason Hanif who was one of the Photographer that took shots of my silver euro back in the days. I've always wanted to get a set of VIP Modular Wheels, but I knew that getting those wheels would mean I would have to sell my Liver as they are very expensive.

Now usually when you buy a new set of wheels, you would just tell the supplier "Hi, can i please get a set of XXX Wheels in 19xXX +XX and 19xXX +XX" then you pay and wait 1-2 months and the wheels arrive. Or you would just buy what ever wheels they have in stock and hope that the wheels fit and thats good enough.

But the problem with that is, you're never satisfied with the fitment. Because most of the time when we order our set of wheels, we just guess and assume that the width and offset we ordered are the perfect size.

When I approached Tarik and told him that I wanted to get a set of VIP Modulars, he was very helpful. It wasn't just "What wheels do you want and what size" or "I have these wheels in stock in 19xXX and 19xXX for $XXXX"

He actually sent me a questionnaire as to what wheels I want, what size, the finish I want on the wheels, what sort of suspension work I have done to the car and wether I'm looking to do any guard works to it. Not only that, he also ask what sort of look i want to achieve with these new set of wheels, Tuck, Poke or Flush.

Then after I have filled out those questionnaires, he emailed all those details to the Wheel company who in my case is VIP Modular. Based on the finish and the look I want to achieve with these new wheels (FLUSH) VIP Modular then asked me to send them some pictures of cars (doesnt have to be the exact model as mine) that have the "look" i wanted to achieve with the new set of wheels. So I went to Stancenation.com and a few other websites and emailed them some pictures of a few cars.

Then VIP Modular would need to know how much room I have under the guards. Luckily in the states, they do have Accord Euros, which is called the Acura TSX. VIP Modular then tries find a TSX and measure the guards. They have about 5-7 ways of measuring the actual guards to determine what would be the best width and offset for the "look" i wanted to achieve and with the suspension work I have on the car.

This is the stage where im actually up to. I have paid for the wheels, and I'm just waiting for VIP Modular to finish measuring the TSX in the US so they can let me know their recommended width and offset. VIP have said "Don't stress, I know exactly what you want, I've seen the pictures and I'll do my best to get the best fitment."

The whole process have taken me about 3 weeks now since I first approached Tarik and we still have not finalised the specs for the wheels. It has been a slow and long process. But!! I do believe that it will all be worth it in the end. This wheel is a 3 piece fully forged custom built to order wheels, when you are paying big $$$ for a set of wheels, you expect top quality and fitment.

Hoping to finalise my order by this week and they said the wheels should arrive within 6-8 weeks.

I have requested for a custom finish. such as the paint, type of centre caps and bolts etc. Won't reveal too much =) Just have to wait and see.

Overall, it has been such a positive experience for me as a customer, as I know that they are investing the time to do their research and make sure that their customer is fully satisfied with their wheels and the fitment.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    ^^^^ sooo..... how poor will you be afterwards?
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    ^^^^ sooo..... how poor will you be afterwards?
    lol umnn... rice with sweet soy sauce everyday for the next few month for breakfast lunch and dinner poor?!?!?!

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    Ill buy you some eggs and you will be set wheels more important

ok need some advice

17 x 9.0, +25 offset

and

18 x 8.5, +30 offset (fronts) + 18 x 9.5, +38 offset (rears)

will the scrub with 235 45 17 and 235 40 18 tyres, respectively? or should i get a thinner tyre?

My experience is that i had 9.5 +45 on the rear last time, BUT with 245/45/18 tyre (which was thick sidewall) so it started rubbing against the bumper tab support screw. But ive also run 17x9 +35 on 255/45/17, but that didn't rub (note this was 17s with 45 sidewall, so the whole diamater of the wheel is smaller then the 18s with the same 45 sidewall). So im assuming if i keep with this same size diamater, using 235/40/18, it shouldn't rub? But then i dont know, cause the 17s where 0.5 less inch wide. But i assume its size tyre thats more important, as thats what wraps around?

This is the 17x9 +35 at the rear with 255/45/17 no scrub

This is 18x9.5 +45 with 245/45/18. Scrubs and also scrapes on one side with the coilover.

And this is just a picture to show the height of my car. (note that these are 19s, same whole wheel diamater as the 17s, as its 225/35/19) No scrubs either, but this was only an 8 inch wide wheel all round.

FS: BMW E60 04' 530i

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3,DC5,CL9,ED6
    hi will 19" x 8.5 rims and tyres of 245/35 R19 fit on a normal height euro cl9? sorry for being noob..

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by moogle View Post
    hi will 19" x 8.5 rims and tyres of 245/35 R19 fit on a normal height euro cl9? sorry for being noob..
    Might wanna mention offset as well mate... And btw at stock height that will look mexican as
    Comment, rate my beats!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/deewhy88

any help on the size i want?????
    FS: BMW E60 04' 530i

Member Array
    Car:
    Public Transport / Foot
    Quote Originally Posted by Rein View Post
    lol umnn... rice with sweet soy sauce everyday for the next few month for breakfast lunch and dinner poor?!?!?!
    mi goreng ??

Member Array
    Car:
    Public Transport / Foot
    Quote Originally Posted by MWAKU View Post
    any help on the size i want?????
    18x9.5 offset +35
    18x11 offset +10
    Phatt camber

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 CL9
    Hey MWAKU, so you wanted to keep the 9.5+45 but this time use a proper 40 sidewall and on a slimmer width of 235? From my exp with 9.5+38, 45 could still possibly rub on the inside even with a 235. I ran 235/45/17 on my rears, and though they didn't scrub, there wasn't a hell of a lot of clearance on the inside. What camber were you running?

Could be wrong, but just my 2c from exp.

Or have I misread your post completely lol
    Comment, rate my beats!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/deewhy88