Page 37 of 75 FirstFirst ... 273435363738394047 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Teggie, EK4 SIR
    Quote Originally Posted by Rein View Post
    thats a sick car.. tell me thats a real mugen lip kit.. the fitting is perfect..
    cheers dude, yeh its all genuine.. Its a NZ New CL9 6 speed with mugen kit, and mugen exhaust. was done by honda NZ when new.

Quote Originally Posted by plyboy View Post
    cheers dude, yeh its all genuine.. Its a nz new cl9 6 speed with mugen kit, and mugen exhaust. Was done by honda nz when new.
    respect!

Member Array
    Car:
    zenki CL9
    ok guys, how will 17x8+47 front and 17x9+47 rear fit on stock CL9 height? also how would it look once lowered? any estimates on how much camber would be needed for it to look flush on ~2 finger gaps?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by jzx_andy View Post
    ok guys, how will 17x8+47 front and 17x9+47 rear fit on stock CL9 height? also how would it look once lowered? any estimates on how much camber would be needed for it to look flush on ~2 finger gaps?
    Mate that should fit no problems. In all honesty that offset is quite high which means it will look sunken in. Obviously not as bad as OEM wheels. No camber required. You will find 2 finger gap look too high. At least 1 finger gap.

Member Array
    Car:
    zenki CL9
    yeah the offset seems OK, it was more or less the width i was worried about...

9 inch wide at the rear with +42 offset. the car is currently just tucking on 16s with natural camber. ill have to roll the guards, but will i need to run a camber kit?
    FS: BMW E60 04' 530i

Member Array
    Car:
    zenki CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by jzx_andy View Post
    OK tried them on yesterday morning on my cousins euro.

FYI at 17x9 +47, lowered to 1 finger gap with 215 tyres (heaps of stretch haha) and on about -1.5 degrees camber, the back was perfectly flush (maybe poking out a bit), fitment wise, it was amazing.
    fronts were a little sunken in. on that note, at this height/camber and with no guard work at all, i doubt you'd be able to fit these specced wheels with 225 tyres or higher.

I didnt end up buying the rims since they were in crappy condition but i thought i might aswell post.

instead i got a set of rota wheels off ebay in 18x8.5 +48, so im guessing i'd need spacers once theyre on my car with coilovers/camber kit

hope this info is useful for anyone reading and my best advice would be to actually go out and try a set of rims on in the specs that you want... if worst comes to worst, check rimtuck.com database or ask around!
    Last edited by jzx_andy; 23-07-2011 at 08:18 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    eg breeeeze,eg5
    hrmm you guys need to read the whole thread rather than asking questions, ppl asking about +40-+48 is like 8 mm difference. just look at most the pics and posts people put up and you will know if it fits or not. Only time u start worrying is the wheels have NISSAN offsets. ie. 17x9 +20ish. and also dont go too high as the higher the offsets the closer the inner of the wheels will be to your strut.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by namtaro View Post
    hrmm you guys need to read the whole thread rather than asking questions, ppl asking about +40-+48 is like 8 mm difference. just look at most the pics and posts people put up and you will know if it fits or not. Only time u start worrying is the wheels have NISSAN offsets. ie. 17x9 +20ish. and also dont go too high as the higher the offsets the closer the inner of the wheels will be to your strut.
    Yep. I'm pretty sure most of the fitments people will be wanting info on would have been covered in the 37 pages. As nam was saying on the high offset matter, as a reference I have x9.5+38 235/45 -3 camber, and I am fine.
    Comment, rate my beats!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/deewhy88

yeah like i honestly dont have time to sift through 37 pages. if i could search it i would be easier, but ppl type it differently and the sample is all over the place
    FS: BMW E60 04' 530i

Heres my previous set up.
    Rolled guards, 12.5cm drop front and 15cm drop rear.
    18x8.5 +20 Front
    18x9.5 +17 Rear and -6 camber

impractical and changed tires every 3 months... =(

The best site to check "low offset wheels [CL9]" is TSXCLUB.com, the guys up there run some jaw dropping fitments.

One of the guys on there is running 18x10.5 all round. and not wide body, but need to run massive camber.

here you go, found the pic

Last edited by Rein; 25-07-2011 at 11:01 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 CL9
    I remember seeing that one on tsxc. Loco!
    Comment, rate my beats!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/deewhy88